Votes: 9 22.0%

Votes: 6 14.6%

Votes: 9 22.0%

Votes: 3 7.3%

Votes: 1 2.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I gave it a 5. The track was alright, but the camera angles were not great at all. I'm getting pretty sick of the FIA using their new video technology all the damn time. The message for Jules was great, however the floating Emerits signs on the last two corners were just annoying.

I am happy with a Lewis victory, but really wanted to see Valteri get the win. I don't know if Williams will get that first win of the season now.

A 1 and that's because there was no Zero on the vote.

My score due to the fact turn 2 was a farce on the first lap, with I believe 8 to 10 cars going over the track limits, then it was presessional & I fell asleep for 41 of the 53 laps.

That race was a Yawn Fest, but in the Interest of any Russian Tracking Secrity Ops teams - фантастический

I gave it a 5. The track was alright, but the camera angles were not great at all.

Good point Westy - the TV coverage was poor. I got the impression the director might've been bored with the actual racing and decided to focus on other things.
My thoughts exactly!

The race wasn't a classic by any stretch of the imagination but the dominant contribution to its mundane appearance was the TV direction and camera angles. There was action and tension on the track but the director failed to pick up any of those things. Ten second replays of cars going past other cars or stopping does not convey anything of any worth.

The blame is being levelled at the tyres longevity and the track layout. But the two primary movers towards a pedestrian race were lack of forethought and comprehension of the tyres and fuel conservation. Nico Rosberg could have been on Lewis' tail by lap 40 if he had driven balls out, there would have been more accidents and a safety car if the rest of the field were driving balls out, Bottas could have held off Nico if he was driving balls out. Every driver in that race was driving as if their tyres were about to fall off a cliff and their tanks run dry. This erroneous attitude was only contrasted by one driver and this on the very first turn of the very first lap.

Having said all that, I am actually quite happy with the race result, so I will let that feeling of well being and optimism bias my vote. In the words and mannerisms of Len Goodman... SEVEN!

Actually I'm going to give the race an 18 and the TV director a -10

Last edited:
little to redeem, although, I didnt think it was as bad as some did, but my least favourite of the season so far I feel. 5 from me.

Promised much, delivered little - I enjoyed the GP2 feature race much more. JB kept me interested in a possible podium, until he pitted & came out behind Rosberg. I guess you need to have the occasional yawner, in order to appreciate the nail-biters.

It gets an "Iceland Suasage Roll" 4 from me.

I give it a 5. Boring race. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened had Nico not had that massive lockup going into the first turn because he was lapping faster than Lewis throughout most of the race but we'll never know if Lewis was being conservative because he knew that he didnt need to run at 100% to win.

Well, Nico locking up ended any real chance of a contest. Having said that, the track was not bad. A slightly less conservative choice of tyres, and it could be pretty good. The simpering and fawning Putin / Ecclestone fest I can do without though. Both of them have no shame.

Lewis will probably never get an easier victory. He could have lit a cigar and driven with his right arm resting on the cockpit side and still won by a mile. I have never before seen a driver set fastest laps while lifting and coasting. I fear that barring mechanical issues or accidents for Lewis it's all over for Nico. Poor sod had the wind taken out of his sails by Merc management after Spa - a disgusting over reaction to a misjudgement. Don't be surprised if despite the contract he isn't in a Merc next year.

Poor sod had the wind taken out of his sails by Merc management after Spa - a disgusting over reaction to a misjudgement.
I don't see any change in his driving or attitude.
He still went for it at T2 and it could quite easily have gone right for him, or he could have ended up taking them both out.

That didn't look to me like a move attempted by someone who "had the wind taken out of his sails".

There does appear to be a shift in the team dynamic, albeit that Lewis is proving what we all suspected, that he is a faster driver than Nico.

There does appear to be a shift in the team dynamic, albeit that Lewis is proving what we all suspected, that he is a faster driver than Nico.
There was a shift towards Nico at Monaco that lasted until Spa when it shifted away. I think it's just an ebb and flow of drivers and not anything related to the team.

There was a shift towards Nico at Monaco that lasted until Spa when it shifted away. I think it's just an ebb and flow of drivers and not anything related to the team.
It wasn't a particularly big shift during that period, Lewis had two DNFs, a win in GB, finished ahead of Nico in Hungary and lost a total of 32 points to his rival.

Last edited:
Rosberg looked on top of him for the only times from Monaco to his retirement at Silverstone. Hamilton could not fully show he was back on it for the next three, then won the next four.

Back
Top Bottom