Votes: 1 2.4%

Votes: 10 23.8%

Votes: 8 19.0%

Votes: 4 9.5%

Votes: 8 19.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters
Tuscan1969. Because if they had finished 1/2 in either order, Lewis would still have been WDC. Perhaps Merc weren't sure that either would be 'sensible', so needed to make sure.

My theory is that Bernie, at his best, realises that the UK is 'his' biggest market and wouldn't it great for 2015 to have a UK defending champion, so maybe 'had a word'!

My ears pricked up when Toto was interviewed, pre-race - his only remark of any importance was about 'mechanical reliabilty' and wouldn't comment one which of their drivers would win the WDC.

FB. Possibly so, or maybe I have more faith in drivers that their team and their ultimate masters!

Who would have thought that RBR would actually be pulled up? That was a very small pay back to the other teams for 4 years of their 'supremacy'?

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

You expect a team principal to name the winner of a race before it starts?

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

I expect not.

Let's just say that it was a race of sorts but not a 'free' race where drivers had any control on what was happening whatever they may have thought at the time.

Is The UK F1's biggest market? I'd have thought Germany and possibly Spain or Italy would be bigger when thinking about the sport's popularity. Would be interesting to know.

Not much of a time difference is there?

Edit: it is a British sport first and foremost.

Last edited:
Jen it seemed to me to be a free race for at least the first 20 or so laps at which point LH leads, Nico is in second having not pressed Lewis and they are well secure in 1-2.

Why would Merc then deliberately hobble Nico with an intermittent fault? If they were to be found out as cheats in favour of one driver this could obviously result in them being thrown out of the WCC just when they have won it for the first time since Fangio's days. Its a bit of a stretch that they do that since either way a Merc driver is WDC.....

20 laps and 35 to go - Lewis is in front followed by Nico. Not home and dry yet for Mercedes.

Last edited:
Sorry Jen, I didn't hear the communication you were talking about, I was watching on BBC, but also was babysitting my nephews at the time.

But as far as I was aware the only transmission to cars from the pits is via radio. I believe there is no remote control hence the complexity of the steering wheels.

Is it possible what you heard was a driver questioning the instructions of a race engineer?

Back
Top Bottom