Poll Out of Ten - 2013 Chinese Grand Prix

2013 Chinese Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
Despite my dislike of DRS I have to say there were some real pluses in the race today. Watching Fernando Alonso completely negate the DRS zones by overtaking through turn 12 and 13 was absolutely marvellous! For that alone I'll give the race a wopping 8.5! :cheer:

Who needs DRS zones? Fernando don't! :1st:

My favourite moment was Button being told to fight for position. Hallejula! Only to be completely disappointed/cheated AGAIN by the farce that is DRS.

I'd give it a five but will add one for Alonso's supremacy.

Gave the race a higher rating than it probably deserved simply because I couldn't sleep last night and pulled an all nighter to watch it live here in the States. Honestly the DRS doesn't bother me as much as the tire wear. A driver that gets passed due to DRS should be able to push his car to stay within a second and try to overtake when they have the DRS advantage. Instead the drivers have to be so conscious of the tires and many times are not in the position to do this.

One of those strategic ones; I've given it four. Although without the tyres pushing Button, Vettel and Hulkenberg up the front it would surely have been duller.

Seemed kind of like Australia.

F1 seems to be missing something this year, the past 3 races just haven't had that spark. The only highlight so far from the race action has been the Red Bull fight in Malaysia.

The only excitement from the race was Vettel's late charge, felt a bit lacklustre as they all seemed to have a 'boring' race.

It's been a lot more strategy and DRS based this season.

5 for me.

There seems to be a real backlash to DRS this week...
Next week if we all kick up enough or a stink perhaps we can reverse the outrageous overreaction to that other Bahrain GP and get DRS banned for the rest of the season...

Just a 5 from me, started and ended well but the middle was largely forgettable. DRS I can live with, it does overcome a problem we've had, but the tyres are just plain stupid. Sure it mixes up the field but where as DRS allows overtaking between two racing cars the tyres just contrive to give us overtaking between cars that are so unevenly matched as not to be racing in any meaningful way.

I have noticed Lewis trying very hard to be friends with Fernando now and whilst Fernando seems to be thawing slightly (perhaps he's somewhat impressed that he's left McLaren) I wonder if its just that he's glad he's got Kimi and Lewis taking points off Seb.

Not particuarly satisfying... like craving two bacon and egg sandwichs when you are hung to the bejesus over.... and after finishing them you still don't feel any better...

Back
Top Bottom