Poll Out of Ten - 2013 Australian Grand Prix

2013 Australian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
7 because it did actually proved difficult to pass a Red Bull at the front despite being a tortoise down the straights
although Vettel not romping away is good for everyone this season that he could have another serious challenger on his hands in Kimi

there was a queue forming at the front which could mean somewhere like Spain will become even more boring to watch

The starter was soggy and wasn't to my taste, the main coarse was just average but the dessert was very nice, the hosting was absolutely terrible, somehow there wasn't enough money in the electricity pay meter and we had to wait ages between courses so for those reasons I'm going to give it a very average 7.

Oh sorry I thought this was Come Dine with Me.....

Taxi.....

7 from me. Some nice bits of overtaking and a refreshing quietness from the stewards and of course a Kimi win put it in the decent category. A huge amount of the race was dictated by tyre strategy <yawn> & I just can't get enthusiastic about watching drivers conserve their tyres. Of course seeing a shortened version several hours after the event probably made me an even more miserable git than ususal. Well done Kimi - keep up the form, honorable mentions to Sutil for a good comeback & Massa for staying ahead of Alonso longer than I expected.

I'd love to know if there is a relationship between the format that people view / listen to the race in and the way they vote. I for example, listented to the race and the Sunday morning qually on the radio. Gary Anderson I thought, was fantastic at describing and then predicting the tactical unfolding of the race. I wonder how that compares with those who saw it live on sky and those who watched the highlights later?

I gave it a 6, but only because Raikonnen won. If it wasn't for Sutil holding him up, I think Vettel would have walked it, but in traffic, the red bull seems (as per usual) to not go anywhere fast. It took a desperate Dan manouvre in the end for Vettel to pass Sutil.

Other than that, it was pretty meh..

I don't believe I have voted on these before (well, definitely not last season).

I gave it a 6 - nothing special.

I'd love to know if there is a relationship between the format that people view / listen to the race in and the way they vote. I for example, listented to the race and the Sunday morning qually on the radio. Gary Anderson I thought, was fantastic at describing and the predicting the tactical unfolding of the race. I wonder how that compares with those who saw it live on sky and those who watched the highlights later?

I watched the BBC highlights. It was quite an entertaining race, good clean racing from all the drivers (few incidents), a couple of good overtaking moves (non DRS) and I liked the BBC coverage (albeit that it was highlights. Would have preferred live coverage, obviously..) the commentary seems to have improved, e.g. Coulthard and Ben Edwards are better imo, Gary Anderson gave insightful analyses, as ever. I gave the race eight.

I have to support my teammate, gethinceri and go for a 10, if only because it was a race. I see two other sensible folk also picked the maximum.

I was particularly pleased for Kimi and Fernando - my two favourite drivers (well, apart from Graham and James - but that's all in the past and they are both dead).

8 ... Good straight out fight... No safety cars !!!!!

Poor old webber... Stuck behind button in that truck of a mclaren for several laps.... :whistle:

Not very exciting race. Interesting to see the pecking order, and pleasing we don't have a runaway car at the front , but .....just not....not gripping I guess. Not an intentional pun on the tyres, but I don't want to see the best drivers in the works driving round slowly in case their tyres wear out. What's that all about??? Seems the latest craze and I'm not keen on it.
There were some good things to come out of it, like the potential of the Mercs, Suthil straight back on form, Massa up there( not sure about that second pit stop though), Kimi.....but those things weren't down to the race, they were down to the drivers and the teams.......If you get what i mean. I'm giving it a 7 and I think I've been generous.

Well since I've done 2/3, I guess I might as well do this race too... and make a habit of it and get a thread going for CTA race of the year:

Mean: 7.28 (error on mean 0.14)
Median: 7
Mode: 7
Mean excluding top/bottom 10%: 6.82

Back
Top Bottom