Only Led One or Two Laps in F1 Quiz

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
1. Luigi Villoresi led two laps of the 1951 Belgian Grand Prix. Who won that race?

Guiseppe Farina

2. Piers Courage led two laps of the slipstreaming 1969 Italian Grand Prix. Who led one lap only for McLaren?

Denny Hulme

3. Tom Pryce lead two laps at Silverstone in 1975. Where did he qualify?

Pole

4.. Mika Salo's two laps led came at two different 1999 Grands Prix. Which?

Hockenheim and Monza - half a point each!

5. Takuma Sato led two laps of the 2004 European GP at the Nurburgring. Where did his team-mate finish?

Jenson finished 3rd behind the Red Machine

6. Felice Bonnetto led lap 1 of the 1951 British Grand Prix for Alfa Romeo. Who scored a point despite not finishing?

Fastest Lap point went to ... Guiseppe Farina

7. Fred Agbashian led lap 50 of the 1953 Indy500. Half a century later, real F1 was at Indy, and lap 48 was lead by someone who lead a single lap that day. Who?

Heinz-Harald Frentzen, who finished third.

8. Pierluigi Martini led Minardi's only lap at the 1989 Portuguese Grand Prix. Which unlikely constructor scored its only podium that day?

Onyx

9. Antonio Pizzonia led for Williams in the pit phase during the 2004 Belgian Grand Prix. Who was the first finisher not to subsequently (or at the time) drive for Ferrari?

Christian Klien in 6th behind Raikkonen, Schumi, Rubinho, Massa and Fisi!

10. Which driver completed the list at the 2010 Canadian Grand Prix?

Picture the scene. Lewis Hamilton drags past his great rival Alonso down the back straight at Montreal as the leader comes into the pits. Who's the leader? Sebastien Buemi

3 and a half

I got very confused about there being a race at indie in 1993 and then I realised that if you add 50 years on to 1953 you get 2003 not 1993 - so maybe I should have had a point taken off for being a dumb dumb

3 and a half

I got very confused about there being a race at indie in 1993 and then I realised that if you add 50 years on to 1953 you get 2003 not 1993 - so maybe I should have had a point taken off for being a dumb dumb

And I even gave your CtAP series a link in that question! And no, I don't know if he was bearded at the time...

TBY I did not even notice that! Great link. I wasn't thinking that Takuma Sato leading a race sound like a job for the F1 files!

- and ROB - His likeness to David Duchnoy is why he was chosen as central character

Back
Top Bottom