Gaming One for the gamers out there

I've never actually played an F1 sim, which is a bit odd as I've played most of the other racing games from PS2 and Xbox.

I might give this one a look though as the last one was generally considered to be quite good.

Is it by Codemasters again?

Yeah I should point out that when I said 'last revision', I am speaking about the last major F1 game, this new one is by Codemasters which is different to the previous Sony studio who made Championship Edition.

However if you have played and recent Codemasters racing titles like GRID, you will know the quality of their games its pretty impressive.

As I have a thread here anyway, gav1ndav1d is no more, It just came to me in a dream, like St. Paul on the road to Domestos I am now reborn....as gribbli...a er...odd character in a far fetched story :snigger:

Cancer Cowboy said:
gribbli said:
However if you have played and recent Codemasters racing titles like GRID, you will know the quality of their games its pretty impressive.

We also know that he physics is very wobby :D

Indeed, Codemasters are very good at the graphics but their physics really does leave a lot to be desired. Perhaps they'll do better with this but somehow I don't think they'll even attempt to shake off the arcade. :(

With a number of F1 teams and other series using rFactor Pro to power their simulators there is a very good chance that rFactor2 will be most excellent when it is released in the not too distant future. ;)

I dunno, while i agree that arcade isnt the way to go, accurate simulation to the levels used by F1 teams themselves i doubt is either fun or playable to your average gamer.

William's simulator is powered by rfactor Pro, which is why there has always been just the one authentic ISI modelled F1 car in the rFactor sim. The Red Bull simulator is also powered by rFactor Pro. So I'm looking forward to buying rFactor2 and a force Dynamics motion rig:

snowy said:
William's simulator is powered by rfactor Pro, which is why there has always been just the one authentic ISI modelled F1 car in the rFactor sim. The Red Bull simulator is also powered by rFactor Pro. So I'm looking forward to buying rFactor2 and a force Dynamics motion rig:

I had a go on a very similar simulator to this on th Calais/Dover ferry last summer when coming back from the continent, quite good fun, but you really want to hope you don't get motion sickness... lol

It was a karting simulator though..

So, I'm sure the question on Bro's mind here is "Do these come with brackets for 60" screens?"

I'd wait for the one they had at Gadget Show live as it apparently isn't as jerky, it uses a different method that makes the sensation much smoother. They had it on the Gadget Show the other week.. Will try to find it..

I half expected that Ferrari to crash into the barriers at Monaco :D

It looks good, I can see it selling well.

This should sell pretty well, Codemasters have a good pedigree in racing games (Colin Mcrae, Dirt, Grid etc), although for the purists it probably won't be hardcore enough. Let's hope they can deliver the promised shiny prettiness with a healthy 60fps. I do rather like the career options they're planning, a little bit of immersion that's often not expanded on enough in many racing games, for my tastes anyway.

I'm pretty sure they said it will be locked at 30fps, I'm afraid.

Still, looks decent, I'm still happy with my 1997 copy of F1 World Grand Prix. LOL

Ah, well, locked isn't so bad, at least that'll make it stable. My last game was 97 as well I think, yellow Minardis and Jan Magnussen in the Stewart. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom