Nico Rosberg

Nico Erik Rosberg, son of Keijo "Keke" Erik Rosberg, is about to have his 100th Grand Prix meeting this weekend in Hungary.

I was about to write my "best wishes" to him in 'his' thread...but I couldn't find one...so, I figured I might as well start it off.

What is very interesting is that his father, Keke, took part in 114 Grand Prix races in his entire Formula One career, winning 5 of them - all for Williams from 1982 to 1985 - as well as a World Championship.

It's interesting in that Nico is approaching that number quickly and he's already about to finish off his 6th season in a few months...but without a win to his name...and no win in sight given the current pecking order of the cars.

Some say Nico is a great talent...while others say he hasn't fared well against quality teammates in their prime, so it's hard to judge. Mark Webber is, seemingly, his only reasonable benchmark and that was way back in his rookie season in a car that was one of the worst ones ever constructed by Williams.

What are people's thoughts on Nico Rosberg?

Regardless, Godspeed to Nico on the occassion of his 100th Grand Prix this weekend! :)

What's the bets Mercedes will go for a real 'number 2' driver in the same way McLaren replaced Alonso with Kovi. Much less trouble in the long run.

:o:o:o

What on earth is going on! What's this all about ?
There has to be more to it than "It's the right time" has he decided that he wouldn't be able to do it again.
It leaves Mercedes with a problem.

Alonso is already on the phone to Merc.

Back on Nico. I'm surprised but good on him. Very classy move. Off to spend time with his new child. Good Luck to him.

It must be a surprise for his Dad, who said only a few days ago, that Nico would be even stronger in 2017. His eyes must be watering.

Back
Top Bottom