Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

The victory dance and fist pimping in front of Hamilton was seemingly meant to provoke a reaction/non reaction and it worked. Whether Rosberg cheated or not, I feel Lewis should’ve had the clarity of thought to rise above it, having been in a similar situation before in years gone by. He might have felt strongly that Rosberg was fighting dirty Margarito style but he should’ve shaken hands and moved on.

I don't know if Nico knowingly planned that his fist pumping would get Hamilton's blood boiling, but it looks as if that it surelly had. I feel that you are right that Lewis should have just shaken hands with Rosberg on the podiums, and just moved on so that he doesn't have to continue answer questions regarding Monaco. Lewis doesn't have to be in thunderous mood, in order for his critics to come out of the woodwork, or that his radio communications are that touchy.

So now it's proven guilty even though proven innocent I'm not sure I like that concept, someone mentioned a witch hunt and a ducking stool earlier that analogy is becoming more and more apt on here, or should I say lynch mob mentality....

I think not.

witch-hunt also witch hunt(wĭch′hŭnt′)
n.
An investigation carried out ostensibly to uncover subversive activities but actually used to harass and undermine those with differing views.

lynch
lɪn(t)ʃ/
verb
  1. (of a group of people) kill (someone) for an alleged offence without a legal trial, especially by hanging.

Just differing opinions and debate. To point out that lack of evidence does not always necessarily equal certain innocence (equally, I'm sure that plenty of people have been found guilty in a court of law for crimes they didn't commit, even after the study of all available evidence), that does not equate to either of the above reactions.

On the other hand...
overreact
verb
Get things out of proportion, go over the top (Brit. informal), blow things out of all proportion, make a mountain out of a molehill, get upset over nothing, react disproportionately

Splash

Well Sutil carried on sauber's horrific record of crashes coming out of the tunnel- I don't think any other team has had so many identical accidents! After all, Wendlinger, Perez and now Sutil have all crashed in almost identical incidents in the last 20 years.....

(I can remember that there have been similar incidents there as well - Jenson Button had an accident there in 2003, and I seem to remember Sutil having another accident out of the tunnel a few years ago for Farce India).

So now it's proven guilty even though proven innocent I'm not sure I like that concept, someone mentioned a witch hunt and a ducking stool earlier that analogy is becoming more and more apt on here, or should I say lynch mob mentality....

Interesting combination of cliches. None of which are remotely accurate when applied to the dialogue within this thread.

Anybody professing to know exactly what happened in Monaco is simply fooling themselves. It's the reason this thing will be over soon. You can only say (or try to say) the same thing so many times.

Back
Top Bottom