Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

To be honest I think the number of comments increases on a Hamilton situation because you have a split between the amount of people who say he is right and who say he is wrong which results in a 'heated debate'.

I think you have extremes on both sides.

Personally I don't think Hamilton is 'wrong' in anyway here. I would like to see him just tell the guys he's coming in (and the main discussion this morning has been around someone saying that can't be done) but understand why he didn't.

I'll go back to my comment 3 pages ago where I said I don't believe Hamilton would ne like that in the radio unless he has a reason to be which makes me wonder what is amiss at Merc. That got dismissed as 'wild theories' at the time.

Brogan - In this case, I think it was an actual lose-lose situation for him. He was either going to not pit and thus lose the advantage in the race, or pit and lose some of his team's support. I don't know what decision he should have taken, and I don't think he does either.

I do. The decision he did make (at the time). Monaco qualifying is unlikely going to be regular occurrence. As he is up 5-1 on qualifying and 4-2 race wins he has to assume that trend will continue in which case suck this up as a race he wasn't going to win in the season (because he won't win all of them). So he keeps the team on side and in reality hasn't particularly lost out.

He has lost out though by comparing McLaren with Mercedes - asked or not he should have declined to answer.

Whatever his problems with Mercedes, if any, he should learn discretion.

To be honest though I know what Brogan is saying. It does appear that whatever he or Sebastian Vettel do they are in the wrong with someone.

I think it possibley comes from the fact they both burst on to the scene so quickly and seemed to beat everyone so easily. I think it gets peoples backs up and they really want to see them fail to the point they don't see the facts straight.

Equally though they both have fans who are adament that everything they do is right though which of course creates a lot of traffic on F1 forums.

And who else RasputinLives? Alonso, Kimi, Jenson, etc. - it would seem the only one we all agree on is Pastor!

Nothing to do with 'bursting on the scene' though; nor personal perceptions. if one is into racing, one applauds anyone who can race - simple as that.

And I'm sure most here know fact from fiction, even if they have preferences.

Hamberg, that interview seems fairly straight forward/self evident. Its on air, in real time, one can hear the tone, intonation and words - how could anyone misinterpret?

Exactly, I meant trying to write it here and translate the tone. When you see it, it's not a damning interview when discussing the radio transmission, it's honest and shows he is just answering the question. No need to keep a tight lip.

He has lost out though by comparing McLaren with Mercedes - asked or not he should have declined to answer.

Whatever his problems with Mercedes, if any, he should learn discretion.

For all his strengths, I think he lacks the pedigree for discretion. Like he said, he's just a guy from a hole in Stevenage. One can only expect so much.

I don't think you would see this behavior from Button. But then Button isn't much of a winner, so Mercedes have the right guy.

Last edited:
The question was never whether it could be done or not. It was whether it would've given him enough to jump ahead of Rosberg in view of the inherent risks not to mention the inevitable fallout. The subtlety was missed amidst the back and forth. @the Artist agreed Hamilton's naivety in front of the press can sometimes be his undoing.

No. You said it couldn't be done.

Jen its seems to be Hamilton and Vettel that inspire the most argument.

Last edited:
Josh, I saw a fuel comparison at one point which showed that Hamilton had consumed about 39% of his fuel while Rosberg had consumed about 41-42%. You would have thought that they would have put another comparison graphic up while the messages about fuel saving were going on, but I don't remember seeing one at that stage of the race (although I may have just missed it).

To be honest though I know what Brogan is saying. It does appear that whatever he or Sebastian Vettel do they are in the wrong with someone.

Maybe, but in this case it's kinda amusing that people would like to see him going in the pits and getting the undercut.

Imagine the meltdown on the forum if Rosberg had decided to try to undercut Hamilton in the pits in Spain.

Back
Top Bottom