Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

First Lewis' post race comments. When asked about his radio calls, he explained the difference between Merc and McLaren. He wasn't comparing Merc unfavourably just saying they were different. At McLaren he and his strategist would make the call, at Merc a central strategist does it and the leading driver gets the first/ optimum call. Lewis stressed he was just saying they are different and he said the Merc strategist was excellent. Now put that in context with his first call after the safety car
"I knew we should have pitted straight away". ( thinking as he would have at McLaren , racer brain on)
" but I knew you wouldn't bring me in" ( recognition that he's in Merc now, it works differently.)
That's how I would interpret that comment rathe than petulance as has been suggested. It's just Lewis' thinking process being verbalised..

There are those who will never except the interpretation as you so well describe racecub, but only petulance will automatically spring to their minds, towards anything that Lewis might say.

Johnny come lately as usual...:( I tried reading all the posts since I last looked at this thread but there were about 5 pages all about the same thing and I got bored so I just posted on the off chance.

Last edited:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114145

Hopefully Niki will be able to resolve some of the problem that now exists between Lewis and Nico. Lewis had better understand one thing, that his unsportsman like attitude during the closing ceremonies yesterday, is not the image that Mercedes wants their sportsman to project worldwide, and will not tolerate. I can understand why he was so pissed off with the results of qualifying, but to carry that mood to the next day, while on the podium is just too much.....I have confidence that Lauda will get this shit straighten out.

Ross BRawn was a master strategist at Ferrari and Benetton and in that situation he would bought Schumacher in straight away... Hamilton should have been bold because the safety car would not have been out yet and he would have had a clear track and ended up being the leader

Its one of those things he will learn and now he knows that there could be some dirty fighting involved ... he's gonna show just who is the better driver - Senna style

The only way that Hamilton would have got in front of Rosberg by pitting first would have been to undercut the allowed sector times whilst being in the safety car control.

Mercedes have a fixed system which is fair to the drivers so why change it?

The only way that Hamilton would have got in front of Rosberg by pitting first would have been to undercut the allowed sector times whilst being in the safety car control.

Mercedes have a fixed system which is fair to the drivers so why change it?

---------------------------------------------

I did say the safety car was not out yet and Hamilton probably would have made up some time and enough to get past Rosberg

The safety car wasn't out for Rosberg either and he would have been making hay at speed whilst Hamilton was in the pits, then Hamilton would have been cruising whilst Rosberg was in the pits. It would have meant Hamilton effectively having a slower pit stop.

Back
Top Bottom