Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

The Artist..... It still needs human beings to grab them. If said human beings are already readying to service the first car then some swapping must take place. This whole argument is rather academic and a bit pointless because if a team operates the way Mercedes does, you can be assured that any driver violating the policy may not get optimum service, whether it's due to the systems they have in place or just the time loss. Lewis would've been aware of the risks, that's why he didn't take it and I trust his judgement than the speculation on here.

Didn't Jenson actually do it at Monaco this weekend? When he saw the safety car was out he braked hard and dived in the pits a lap before anyone else.

Which reinforces the point Hamilton was making yesterday and was heavily criticsed for. That strategically, McLaren's approach is different.

Yes. I agree it doed reinforce Lewis' s point. Which I totally agreed with. However it does rather blow your point right out the water.

Jen Lewis explaining why he said "I knew you wouldn't bring me in".

At McLaren they had a strategist each. At Merc it's one between them. If he had his own strategist he is basically saying he would have come in.

Jen Lewis has said he wants the strategy to be run more like it was at Mclaren (even though he didn't like it at Mclaren when he was there) so you could say its a comparitive price of bacon to the bacon Hamilton is currently buying.

Also it appears Jenson Button tends to buy whatever bacon he wants whilst Lewis sticks to the brand on the list and people are suggesting Lewis should stuff the list and grab the best bacon deal when he has the chance.

So to summarise:

Hamilton is wrong for using his initiative and wanting to pit out of sequence.
Hamilton is wrong for obeying the team's policy regarding pitting out of sequence.
Hamilton is wrong for wanting to disobey the team's policy regarding pitting out of sequence.
Hamilton is wrong for comparing the team's policy regarding pitting out of sequence with another team.
Hamilton would have been really wrong if he had ignored the team's policy and pitted out of sequence.
Hamilton is wrong.

Have I got that right?

Brogan
We wouldn't be discussing this if there hadn't been the discussion over the radio about stops.... TO be honest, I think the only real problem that Hamilton has is that he shoots his mouth off a little too easily - forgetting that he's going to be heard by many, many people...

In terms of the number of posts, from the number of different posters x the number of days, hardly at all.

The stat's don't lie - every time Hamilton is involved in any issue at all, the number of posts goes through the roof for the next few days

It makes no difference to me, I don't actually like the guy.
But it never ceases to amaze me how someone like Button is lauded for making the call to pit unexpectedly, but when Hamilton tries to do it...yet at the same time Hamilton is constantly criticised for not taking the initiative.
It seems it's always lose-lose for the guy, no matter what he does.

Back
Top Bottom