Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Bangs head on keyboard. Jfjvhhcdbcgh hfgbchhvghhv hudjhfjkgfj.

None of us can predict what the unpredictables will be. We can speculate on the outcomes of unpredictable eventualities. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. But writing off the championship and consigning the future as utterly predictable is to ignore all of history.

Shall we just watch the rest of the championship and enjoy the battles ahead.

Last edited:
Lewy if he survived the Brazilian public after São Paulo in 2008 I think he's safe.

At the moment Hamilton is quicker in quali and getting better starts, but without issues, Rosberg has been quicker during the race.

So what would he need to do, gear the car more towards quali on circuits where overtaking is difficult? Sort his starts out? In the race start the attack sooner so he doesn't run out of laps?

It sounds a lot but it's not that much to do, he might be one missing ingredient. Two of those four races Rosberg should have had Hamilton. He'll learn and the next times he might just get him.

It's not decided. We're only five races in.

Can I just clarify I've never argued that this is an 'easy' title for Lewis to win. I've just said its firmly in his hands and he could have a lot tougher opposition than Rosberg.

Doesn't mean I'm saying its easy or pinning the medal round his neck yet.

I think the main differece between the two right now is that Hamilton has already won the title. It does make a big difference to a driver when they compete for a title.
Brundle I thought made a very pertinent observation after Barcelona when he said Lewis's driving these days reminded him of Lauda and Prost at similar stages in their careers. He's in control because he's driving just fast enough to stay ahead of Rosberg, safe in the knowledge that he's got an extra gear in him if he needs it. Rosberg meanwhile has to find an extra gear to beat him. There is a subtle difference, and his driving reflects that.

And the unpredictable predictably occurs and the likelyhood of Lewis emerging from this weekend as championship leader is now extremely slim. Why, because of two extremely fast drivers competing in equal machinery with equal opportunity.

No cake-walk, nay-sayers!

Weirdly fitting this is the street sign where Rosberg parked.

frship.jpg

Lewis needs to watch it back before acting the way he has.

Nico has been squeaky clean his whole career. He's always been genuine and that was not the smile of a cheat.

I don't believe it was deliberate at all. Before Brundle said the same thing, I commented from my bed that reversing back on to the track was naughty. Could this be judged as impeding another driver, rather than the cheating a lot are claiming?

For the record, if the rules allow, that is the call I would make and would issue a 5 place drop. This depends however on the timing of the yellow and the stewards testimony of this.

Surely, either he deliberately caused a yellow flag or he did not, the impeding rule does not apply.

Either he is adjudged to have cheated, and takes the penalty or not.

Back
Top Bottom