Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

How many languages did crofty say Rosberg speaks I'm sure he said nine but I have a feeling it is only six, well I say only, which still put Nico ahead in the language department, as Lewis only speaks two those being a sort of English and street rap....

Nico's not 17 seconds slower than Lewis, there was something wrong with the set up or with the car itself that Merc are looking into. Calm yourselves people.

Nico speaks fluently French, German, Spanish and Italian and I believe is learning a few others including Finnish. Hamilton I believe is learning Spanish.

I don't think we should use the 17 second gap as a reliable indicator of pace. Clearly the car is the class of the field right now, we know Hamilton was told to turn the engine down early, I can only assume that Rosberg was also told the same.

Rosberg was told to manage his gap to Vettel and he did that quite comfortably. This indicates the the could have also caught Hamilton if allowed.

I know Mercedes have brought in team orders to maximise points finishes but will they be letting their drivers race each other at any point or will it be a case of whoever gets to the 1st corner in front of the other is allowed to take the victory.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113204

PRACTICE LESSONS KEY TO WIN

Hamilton reckons the lessons he took on board after Friday practice in Malaysia - when Rosberg had carried out a better race run - were key to him beating his team-mate this time out.

"On long run pace you could see our long run in FP2," he said. "Nico went a lap longer and was generally similar pace, so I was expecting that in this race.

"But from that running I learned a lot about where I could improve. It is one thing learning it, but being able to apply it doesn't always work.

"But here it worked and that is why I was pulling away."

James Allen (I'm sorry to have to quote him but there it is) reckons Bahrain is more a Rosberg track as there are lots of slow corners into long straights. Not sure how he reaches this conclusion but if Lewis shows him a clean pair of heels then it might be down to Vettel to give him some competition once Red Bull sort themselves out.

Personally I'm praying for a four way battle for the WDC between the Merc and Red Bull drivers developing throughout the season - sooner rather than later. Otherwise it will be a depressing season and I seriously need cheering up right now, even if only to get in the mood to produce some Rooters and YOST stuff.:tumbleweed:

Such a gap between them is not normal. I am afraid that Rosberg had his set-up wrong. The gap between them was like what we saw last year at Barcelona with Rosberg finishing 20+ seconds ahead of Lewis due a wrong set-up.

By the way it was a wonderful drive by Lewis. I love to see a driver getting everything right because we can not see it so often and when it happens, we see such a dominant performance.

Back
Top Bottom