Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

I think at the minute Mercedes are very much in the dark with the tyres and it's basically a flip of the coin what happens on race day and both Nico and Lewis just have to sit there and wait to see how badly their race falls apart.

I think at the minute Mercedes are very much in the dark with the tyres and it's basically a flip of the coin what happens on race day and both Nico and Lewis just have to sit there and wait to see how badly their race falls apart.

Which makes it utter shit to watch....
I cannot see the point in great racing having to be ...... about tyre deg....
It should be novice racers....... learning to drive against the GREAT RACING DRIVERS....what a crap race.. debacle

Which makes it utter shit to watch....
I cannot see the point in great racing having to be ...... about tyre deg....
It should be novice racers....... learning to drive against the GREAT RACING DRIVERS....what a crap race.. debacle

Everybody is in the same position, Alonso, Raikkonen and Massa are great drivers and finished top three. It's up to Mercedes to a and the drivers second to understand the tyres and make them work. I don't like the tyres but when everyone is in the same boat it can't be unfair on just one team.

It doesn't matter what other teams are doing.....it is dumbing down the BEST..
The only winners are the betting shops....
If we want RACING...and the BEST racers to win......
Then tyres that are not like re-cycleable cardboard .......should be on the agenda

I see you point, but I do not agree...for the simple reason that it is so false.....
I know F1 has always been false to some degree...but these :censored:tyres are a travesty...
To have one of the top racers say on team radio ...for the world to hear..."I cannot go any slower"...this is the pinnacle of RACING for:censored: sake...not the ultimate tyre saving exhibition....
RACING is what we want...& we should accept no less..

Nope - we got some competitive coasting. Mercedes had the worst problems with the tyres, but 82 stops and coasting round the track.

Don't forget Lewis' sound bite on being told to look after his left rear "I can't drive any slower". That's not racing or protecting a problem, that pushing a supermarket trolley down an aisle.

Rosberg managed a three stop, not really a disaster, 6th was the best he was going to get.

Hamilton was just terrible from the start, whatever the reason.

They seemed fine with tyres in Malaysia, wasn't bad in China either, it's just been the past two races.

No we didn't. If that's racing then I'm an Afro headed, yellow faced smiley. Last time I looked that was my fictional avatar. The operating window of the tryes is so narrow that they favour only two or three team/car/driver combo's per race. We are not seeing all of the best drivers and best cars racing each other at the same time. Once the first stint shuffle has happened the races are pretty much set with just Mickey Mouse sitting duck overtakes "spicing" up the bit in the middle. This has been the most dumbed down, blop-vert bollocks I've ever seen.

As far the OP is concerned today tells us nothing in the Hamilton vs Rosberg stakes since they were on different strategies and following different instructions. Until both drivers are in conditions as ideally suited to the cars as possible and both allowed to drive to the utmost of their own and the car's ability any judgement will be futile.

Edit: incidentally Hamilton's start was slightly faster than Rosberg. Unfortunately Rosberg's block entering the first turn meant Hamilton braked a tad too hard in order to avoid going up his chuff. The consequence was that Hamilton flat-spotted both front tyres compromising the whole of his first stint. In fact since he couldn't push the tyres the rest of his race.was compromised from that first corner on.

Agree F1ang-o, though Mercedes were clearly the worst affected today, up until this race I've been reasonably pleased with their start to the season. That the 'BEST' still finished ahead is I think irrelevant. Best at what? managing tyres? I want to see the best drivers in the best cars going neck to neck . I don't want to see them going round at 80%, asking whether they should defend or not, being told to lift off round corners, reporting back that they cant drive any slower, asking are they allowed to use their tyres. I'm not bothered whether it changes the pecking order or not. I want to see Raikonen, Alonso and Vettel pushing.
I don't know why the Mercedes were so bad today, or why Hamilton was so much slower than Rosberg, but if they look into trying to answer these questions it may help them resolve their tyre problem. But even if they do, the poor racing will remain. The tyres need to change.

teabagyokel
He probably would have..had he not been (self Inflicted) only able to do one hot lap in Q3....
IMO....LH had to prove something this year... because of the McLaren fuel debacle of last year....Selective memories for some
But Hey...just trash him .....:thumbsup:

I think Rosberg is coming out with a bit of anger after Malaysia incident if you ask me

At Bahrain I think Nico was only interested in making sure he beat his teammate in quali to prove he was faster but that messed his race

In Catalunya he got a better race set up..

Monaco next race Lewis usually is very good but Nico is not bad around there either

------------------------------------------

The Mercedes problem - I can't believe they have not worked out in that car what the problem is stemming from last season

Not sure if Button driving it would make a difference as previously the problem BAR/ Brawn always had is the tyres did not get up to temperature it took them a while to find their pace

Back
Top Bottom