Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Nor do any of us. But the whole conversation was about the position of a driver within any team and how that team operates. Go back a few pages and see what you think then.

One of the important points for Hamilton in the fight for the remainder of the season -
it is not only to fight in every race for the win, but also to stay as far away from Rosberg in the race as he can

I just don't believe Nico is malicious and he dislikes Schumacher for those very tactics.

Proving a point? Hamilton is super aggressive overtaking and defending. Without hearing the tone that's what Nico could have meant "why should I back out because he cuts me up". Right or wrong (probo wrong) Hamilton has been a little cutting (pun intended) previously so perhaps, just perhaps Rosberg meant 'why should I always yield'. I think he was wrong here, marginally, but that's far from the monster crash creator being created. He is clever and would never, intentional or not (and I doubt intent) admit intent.

Rosberg has been squeaky clean his whole career and this vitriol I'm afraid is more to do with who he is team mates with.

If it was Hamilton in the same situation how would it be judged? I know where I was Hamilton/Webber Singapore.

It was either Bahrain 2011 or 2012 that can give you an idea of just what lengths the squeaky clean Nico will go to to retain track position. Half the grid tried to overtake him and they all ended up with all four wheels off the circuit!
He can be very forceful when he wants to be.

Last edited:
Agreed snowy but he knows the rules to the nth degree and does what he needs to do. This is why I know he's always better than Mr nice guy Sunday driver he's been portrayed as, but he's never shown signs as a rule breaker either and I just don't believe he can turn so nasty in less than a season. There had to be some element of the Hamilton effect surely?

I think the blame is firmly at Nico's door no doubt and his response at the team debriefing to prove a point will not go down well because he implied if "Lewis does not give me room we will crash" That is sort of mentality Senna took with his arrivals but he only really took it to another level with Prost where did he carry out his intentions

The fact that Nico ruined the whole team race and a certain win would not help either .

Some of the more experienced drivers Alonso and Button have sympathised with Hamilton over what has happened

Since his initial admission there seems to be an attempt to diffuse the situation by Nico

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/28927782

this was a good response from Lewis

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/28934044

Rosberg has lost of lot of respect for what he did and at the moment will be more nervous if he tangles with Hamilton again because the backlash he has received is nothing he has ever faced before

Being guilty of one thing does not automatically make that person guilty of something else.

Has Lewis had a squeaky clean career? are we going to drag up old footage just to try and prove a point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom