Nico Punished

If you are a woman, and get found guilty of your first custodial offence you are twice as likely to be sent to prison than a man found guilty or their first custodial offence. It's the law!

I think I've posted this before but in the UK, when you are in court, you swear to tell the truth, in Italy you swear to tell your truth. There is always a difference.

I would expect it happens everywhere but that's why a guilty person gets credit for entering an early plea of guilt. Not only does it save time and money but if a person pleads not guilty and then is subsequently found guilty they have also been found to have not told the truth and therefore this needs to be reflected in a small way in the handing down of the sentance.

...and in the US, they can't handle the truth.

You-Cant-Handle-the-Truth.jpg

Last edited:
I'll file that one in the same category as "Massa was maybe my quickest teammate" and "I didn't know Nelson was going to crash".

"It's impossible that Nico from the cockpit could have been so precise with his front wing to have cut a tyre of another car," the Ferrari driver and double world champion told Britain's Sky.

Well that's exactly what happened Nando. The notion that Formula One drivers don't know where there front wing is, is completely ludicrous. If that was a valid excuse then basically nobody would be penalized ever.

Keke,

Ludicrous is anyone on here saying that they know more about what can be seen from the cockpit of an F1 car than two men with 6 WDCs between them.

The cameras on the cars are much higher than the drivers eye level. The front tires undoubtedly obscure the precise location of the front wings.

Obviously you can't actually "see" the front wing, but you don't win World Championships if you cannot "sense" exactly where the wing is, at all times. In fact you can't even make it to F1 if you dont have an innate sense of where your wings are. Alonso is up to his typical shenanigans.

I think that quote from Alonso has been taken out of context, if you read the full quote it says :-

"It's impossible that Nico from the cockpit could have been so precise with his front wing to have cut a tyre of another car," the Ferrari driver and double world champion told Britain's Sky.

"You need to be in surgery at the hospital with that sort of precision.

"The bad part of the incident was for Hamilton, but it could have been the other way around -- maybe Hamilton's tyre resisted and Nico had to change the front wing and his race was over,"

So he was saying that he didn't believe Nico did it with the intention of the end result. This to me implies that what has already been said which is that if Nico did stay in the gap intentionally then he would have had no way to determine if the puncture would occur or if the result would have been him out of he race.

Quite honestly the only people worth listening to on the subject of "intent" were the ones in the debrief. Two of the three parties are in agreement over what transpired and the third has abstained from delivering his side. That's why I have based my opinion on that fact alone.

Ihow is it they are able to get so close to the barriers at Monaco and the walls at Canada and Singapore without hitting them, lap after lap after lap?

----------------------------------------------------------

Well they do hit the barriers every now and then don't they?

I believe the view that Anthony Davidson shows on the Skypad review video posted elsewhere on here, shows that you can't see the front wing from the drivers eye view so they have to use the wheels as a point of reference. That said, there are number of cars where it is difficult to see the front of the car from the drivers position (the Citreon Xsara Picasso springs to mind) and you don't see them crashing every five minutes. I would have thought that the driver would have a general feel for the length and width of his car.

The least dangerous option for a deliberate bumping would be flat wheel face to flat wheel face rather than wing to wheel and there is no evidence that Nico was attempting to do that (wheel to wheel that is). I think there was some sort of "red mist" from Nico but whether that was meant to be an aggressive move to change direction right under Hamiltons rear wing which went wrong or an attempt to cause a deliberate collision I've no idea.

Well you've both successfully taken Alonso's comments out of context and left out the remainder of the quote.

For the benefit of everyone else Nando also said the following:

"You need to be in surgery at the hospital with that sort of precision.
"The bad part of the incident was for Hamilton, but it could have been the other way around -- maybe Hamilton's tyre resisted and Nico had to change the front wing and his race was over,"

So he wasn't simply saying they don't know where the wing is. He was saying you need to know where the wing is with surgical precision to do that on purpose.

So what have we learnt?
- Context, tone and comments before and after can change everything
- Quotes can be factual but the reader/listener/observer can easily omit crucial information either because they've heard the bit they want to or to prove an argument

I do wonder what was said before and after 'I was making a point'.

But none of us know, so terms such as cheat and liar are pretty vitriolic.

Front wing damage almost never ends your race. And as I explained elsewhere, it didn't even cost Nico the GP win in this instance. He flat out stated this himself as a fact to Ricciardo post race.

Alonso regularly makes outlandish comments to stir the pot with other teams. What he said about Rosberg's intent is wholly irrelevant here. He has utterly no idea what Rosberg was trying to accomplish. How would he?

The people who do know what happened have already spoken. That's what started this thread. You can speculate that they are lying, or go with Alonso's hypothetical version, but it's obvious Mercedes won't be budged on this one.

Back
Top Bottom