Nico Punished

All I can base my opinion on is what Lewis said immediately following the debrief, which Mercedes said was "broadly accurate", and then confirmed again with some fairly harsh language in the "formal reprimand" that was handed down.

I'm not actually wanting you to change your mind, each to their own. But the situation can and has been interpreted differently by others. We need to wait for the next round of autobiographies on this one!

It doesn't make a lot of sense listening to PR-ese documents written by protagonists from behind the stable door after the horse has bolted. The horse was the "broadly accurate" quote.

Rosberg did not avoid conflict deliberately, sensing his best chance to extend his lead.

Ooh I missed this bit:

"He basically said, 'I did it to prove a point'."

So Rosberg didn't say 'I did it to prove a point' that was Hamilton's interpretation.

Broadly accurate could have been Rosberg saying he could have backed out but thought Lewis should have done the backing out. Why is that not feasible!??

Mercedes have clearly told him to back down and apologise and to Lewis to not pretend he's squeaky clean just to end it.

In no way does this categorically show Rosberg did it to purposely end Hamilton's race.

Ooh I missed this bit:

"He basically said, 'I did it to prove a point'."

So Rosberg didn't say 'I did it to prove a point' that was Hamilton's interpretation.

Broadly accurate could have been Rosberg saying he could have backed out but thought Lewis should have done the backing out. Why is that not feasible!??

Mercedes have clearly told him to back down and apologise and to Lewis to not pretend he's squeaky clean just to end it.

In no way does this categorically show Rosberg did it to purposely end Hamilton's race.

To add to this: when someone says "he basically said", this means it is not what the person (Rosberg in this case) said, but the other persons' (Hamilton) interpretation of what was said.

viable alternatives to the popular opinion that Rosberg is cheating, lying scum.

If accepting Mercedes' very first comments on what happened in the debrief makes Rosberg those things, then I haven't said that. My only goal is to recognize what actually happened in Belgium. I do not think Mercedes would lie about it.

image.jpg
It's a column written completely by Rosberg.

Last edited:
KekeTheKing no you haven't said those things, I wasn't meaning you.

You've chosen to interpret Rosberg's actions a certain way based on what was said. I'm interpreting it differently.

Back
Top Bottom