Nico Punished

He actually takes sole responsibility for the collision in rather magnanimous fashion. I'm perfectly satisfied with letting Rosberg have the final word on this one. It's inconceivable that someone will dispute Rosberg's own sentiments on the matter when he so whole-heartedly expresses remorse and regret.

There is an expression in the UK about taking 'the Kings shilling'. I suspect that the notion is alive and well in Mercedes!

So it was Lewis's fault when he was told to lie for the team in Australia 2009, but Mercedes, not Nico's, fault for telling him to lie about Spa 2014. Got it.

So it was Lewis's fault when he was told to lie for the team in Australia 2009, but Mercedes, not Nico's, fault for telling him to lie about Spa 2014. Got it.
Where have you got that from?? That he's lying about being responsible on Mercedes command?

I think this all stems from Toto's total overreaction in front of the cameras before he even had chance to get both sides of the story from both his drivers it was completely unprofessional of him and left the team with nowhere to maneuver as far as Rosberg's guilt or none guilt went as both Toto and the Rat had accused, tried, and convicted Nico before Rosberg had chance to defend himself.

Ross Brawn would never have spoken like that about one of his drivers to the cameras before he had all the facts at hand and probably not even after he had all the facts, the situation has been completely mishandled from start to finish.

Last edited:
They had every right in the world to give their honest assessment of the situation. An assessment that hasn't changed at all and has now been fully endorsed by Rosberg, mind you.

Apart from Monaco and Belgium you mean?
Brogan "at least he didn't lie to the stewards" is only part of what I stated, and totally changes the context. If you can find another example of "at least he didn't lie to the stewards to try to get another driver disqualified" then fair enough.

Sorry, but this has turned into a Rosberg witch hunt. It was a racing incident, get over it. I have no doubt Nico said something in the meeting that made Lewis say the things he did (but should not have to the media), but were most likely (in my opinion) said in the heat of the moment when Toto, Niki, Lewis and no doubt several others were in his face. I'd do the same if I'm honest. If the drivers were reversed, then I expect some of the opinions would be reversed too. Mine would not be, which is why I can't believe it has become a big deal.

I was "over it" a long time ago.

I am simply responding to others who felt the need to continue the discussion, which includes you, ironically.

Back
Top Bottom