Nicki Lauda - Chump of the Weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P1

Race Winner
Contributor
This comment is referring to the Hamilton-Button contact during the Canadian Grand Prix.

"What Hamilton did there goes beyond all boundaries," Lauda said during his commentary on RTL television. "He is completely mad. If the FIA does not punish him, I do not understand the world any more. At some point there has to be an end to all the jokes. You cannot drive like this - as it will result in someone getting killed."

What a ****ing moron. This was at worst a racing incident, and more likely a Button fault. I honestly wish this idiot would stay home.

I have to say I agree with Batman on this one. At worst it was a racing incident. Webber admitted his collision with Hamilton was a racing incident. The third incident was Schumi's fault, if anyone. Hamilton did nothing wrong this race other than have a go and undergo some bad luck, yet again.

This comment is referring to the Hamilton-Button contact during the Canadian Grand Prix.

"What Hamilton did there goes beyond all boundaries," Lauda said during his commentary on RTL television. "He is completely mad. If the FIA does not punish him, I do not understand the world any more. At some point there has to be an end to all the jokes. You cannot drive like this - as it will result in someone getting killed."

What a ****ing moron. This was at worst a racing incident, and more likely a Button fault. I honestly wish this idiot would stay home.

Well, at least he's being honest.

I agree with Nicki, Lewis is being far too aggressive and expecting people to jump out of his way all the time. He needs to learn that that isn't going to happe and he is going to come a cropper more times than he succeeds. Not sure it will result in someone getting killed, but it is possble..

Hamilton seems to rub some people up the wrong way and no matter whether an incident he is involved in his fault or not, they will always blame him for it.

I can't understand how Hamilton can be blamed for the Button incident when Schumacher was absolutely crucified last year for doing it to Barrichello and Massa.

If every race incident is the fault of the overtaker, then their would be very little passing in F1.

Plus I didn't see Niki saying the same things about Senna, Schumacher, Alonso, or Vettel who all have been doing these things over the years. He clearly has some personal issue against the guy.

Hamilton seems to rub some people up the wrong way and no matter whether an incident he is involved in his fault or not, they will always blame him for it.

I can't understand how Hamilton can be blamed for the Button incident when Schumacher was absolutely crucified last year for doing it to Barrichello and Massa.

Well in F1 they normally rule in your favor if you win the race - unless your name is Hamilton, so Button will escape penalty. If you lose you get punished which is probably why Button found his pace today - ordinarily he would have settled - but in this instance it was 40 second post race penalty or win.

I do not think hamilton was to blame at all. However, I do not think that this compares to Hungary, button was on the line, and visibility was poor. Maybe button should have seen him, but bearing in mind the situation, I would have thought it was a little difficult to see.

I would like to understand, however, why they were to be investigated after the race, as there should have been sufficient time during the race, and also, at Monaco it was all dealt with during the race, and it seems inconsistent to me.

The Webber incident in my opinion should definitely be a penalty...as for the Button one, it's marginal, you could say it's Button's fault, you could say it's Hamilton's fault. But Hamilton was on the white line before he even had his front wing alongside Button's tyre, it was a gap that was always going to disappear, Button though couldn't see through his mirrors, so should he really be doing what he did?

I have not heard of anyone blaming Hamilton over the Schumacher one....Schumacher was a bit naughty...not in the slightest Hamilton's fault. But you could say he got some of his own medicine as in the past he has done the same....

Niki Lauda is being way too harsh, it's more likely Hamilton would kill someone through rage rather than a collision

It's the stewards' report into the incident.

The Stewards have reviewed the Incident involving Car 3 (L. Hamilton) and Car 4 (J. Button) on their 7th
lap of the race. The Stewards reviewed the lines of several cars, including the two cars involved, using
multiple angles of video evidence over several laps, the speed traces of both drivers, the GPS tracking
data from the cars and have heard the drivers and team representatives.

The Stewards concluded that:

1) Exiting Turn 13 there was a legitimate overtaking opportunity for Lewis Hamilton as his speed was
greater than Jensen Button's.

2) Both drivers took lines substantially similar to many of the other drivers, and did not move as far to
the left as the preceding driver, Michael Schumacher. At the moment after Hamilton moved to the left to
pass, Button looked into his mirror. It appears from the position of Hamilton at that moment [and is
confirmed by the drivers] that Button was unlikely to have seen Hamilton.

3) At the point of contact Button had not yet moved as far to the left of the track as he had on the
previous lap, or that Schumacher had on that lap.

The Stewards have concluded that it was reasonable for Hamilton to believe that Button would have
seen him and that he could have made the passing manoeuvre. Further, the Stewards have concluded
that it is reasonable to believe that Button was not aware of Hamilton’s position to his left.
Therefore, the Stewards decide that this was a “racing incident” and have taken no further action.

It makes Lauda look a bit like he's on a witch hunt when the stewards apportion no blame at all.

That stewards report basically confirms what I thought I saw from the head on footage. I expect it will be posted on here at some stage but when it was played on the Beeb this evening you could clearly see that Button looked in his mirrors at the point that Hamilton was still behind him and then he began to drift left to take the normal racing line, the second time he looked in his mirrors was a lot quicker than the first and I was pretty sure that he didn't see Hamilton.

I'm not sure what Niki Lauda is banging on about. I don't think at any stage you could say what Lewis was attempting to do was dangerous.

I hope Niki Lauda is never the driver on the stewards panel. This shows his total lack of objectivity.

Fittipaldi was critical of Hamilton, but seems he made a fair call today.

You can almost see where Hamilton is coming from when people are so quick to judge, and so unfairly too.

Brundle and Coulthard are guilty of the same thing - apportioning blame almost immediately and only occasionally changing their opinion once they've seen footage of the incident again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom