New Strategy Group Rumours

ATL11

Pole Sitter
Apparently they've been meeting at Biggin Hill today and these are just rumours but they're going to solve all F1's woes with a revamp of the Grand Prix weekend.

Which included qualifying still on a Saturday, but the weekend will involve a sprint race with a reverse grid and then a feature race on Sunday with the normal grid placings from Saturday's qualifying.

Here's me thinking it was the boring races, costs & technical regulations that were an issue, so why not have an extra irrelevant sprint race with some razzmatazz and sod the regs. <rolls eyes>

Last edited:
The politics of those involved in that strategy group mallarkey are about as useful as those of actual politicians...

Oh, great, so just completely render all of F1's history meaningless. Top bombing.

Problem with a sprint race is that they can't overtake!

The headline I saw related to it mentioned "improving the show"; nothing to do with the actual point of F1, which is the racing.

I can't see F1 being relevant within 10 years if it carries on the way it's going.

Someone should try to find an ingenious way of luring strategy group members into a game of russian roulette, with live ammo on every chamber.

The press release.

fia-press-release.jpg

A 'fax' vote...who the **** still has a fax machine?

Was that letter produced on a typewriter and copied with a dyeline machine.

It reminds me of those trees on the lord of the rings when they took about three weeks to decide that they were Hobbits

Merry: [of the Entmoot] It's been going for hours.
Pippin: They must have decided something by now.
Treebeard: Decided? No, we have just finished saying "Good Morning".
Merry: But it's night time already! You can't take forever!
Treebeard: Now, don't be hasty, master Meriadoc.
Merry: We're running out of time!

Last edited:
Uhh, they just don't learn, don't they?

Hey, let's decrease downforce to enable closer racing......couple years later....Hey, let's increase downforce to improve cornering speed.

Yes on 1 hand strategy group has ignored the problems of cost & problems with dirty air which is main problem of lack of overtaking

But i was reading the will buxton blog & he mentioned the idea of a Saturday sprint race that would involve all the 3rd/reserve drivers I think is a brilliant one because the reserve drivers/gp2 champions finally have something to do

Someone must have read FB's open letter with respect to the driver being able to start the car.

The words "exciting and innovative" fill me with dread. They normally end up as "pointless and stupid".

Last edited:
thought i had to correct myself as will buxton has actually replied to me on twitter, it is AMuS F1 in germany that have said the idea of a Saturday sprint race that would involve all the 3rd/reserve drivers not will he thinks the sat race would be for the qualifying for the sunday race

Id get rid of the token system, & say to the engine manufacturers you can develop your hybrid & spend as much as you want but you (Mercedes Ferrari Renault Honda) cant pass expenditure on to customers & selling price is capped at £10m not 20+

Back
Top Bottom