New Strategy Group Rumours

They really need to bring back testing - it would help improve general engine performance since the testing engine wouldn't be one of the allocated engine and they could also get more ideas about reducing the dirty air affect by running both cars behind (could be part of a mandatory fia section of the test)

To reduce costs and help the smaller teams the bigger teams should be able to test as much as they want as long as they take (and cover the cost of) a small team with them. Bigger teams will improve and smaller teams will improve - everyone happy!

Why would a sport need a strategy group?

It is either a sport or a spectacle. A sport needs a few rules, a spectacle should be a free-for-all. So bring on the lions.

Thought id revive this thread because I wasnt sure whether i wanted to start a topic for 1 thought in my head. But I was watching the highlights of v8 supercars gold coast 600 at surfers paradise earlier this afternoon & wondering whether a similar thing 1 off in f1 might be a great idea. as they had an endurance style race that was 1/3 longer than usual at 102 laps with 2 drivers sharing a car .Only the 20 (or 22 in 2016) drivers who compete in every race would be eligible for drivers & constructors tables

As a 1 off during the season like for example you could extend spa to 75 laps or Singapore so its like 3 1/2hr long, Because I think it could be good idea on a few points it would spice up the season & Id have it so 20 usual drivers are partnered with someone else which means you would be able to give experience to young gp2/fr3.5 or reserve drivers. Or even former popular drivers which both could bring more revenue to small teams with the 20 seats available & more viewers in same way le mans 24, indy 500 or bathurst does in WEC indycar & V8 Supercars

as think of the line ups You could have
Rosberg & Weirlien
Hamilton & Ocon/Di Resta
Riccardio & Coulthard
Kyvat & RB Jnr/ Buemi
Bottas & Wolff
Massa & Alex Lynn
Grosjean & Palmer
Max & Jos Verstappen
Sainz & Dean Stoneman
Button & Magnussen
Alonso & Vandoorne

I'll finish off the lineups for you:

Vettel & Marciello
Raikkonen & Gutierrez
Maldonado & Vaxiviere
Perez & Liuzzi?
Hulkenberg & Ocon/di Resta
Nasr & Kobayashi
Ericsson & Heidfeld
Stevens & Merhi
Rossi & Leimer

I think it would be a fascinating idea but doubt they would let some of these former drivers like Coulthard or Liuzzi in. Obviously we both went for drivers with connections to the teams but there is no doubt that we would see "unattached" junior drivers get their foot in for this. Maybe we could see how Scott Dixon or Will Power would do as well.

Back
Top Bottom