New member saying hi.

Hi. Not sure if I'm on the right thread to say hello as a new member but here I am!
A bit about me, i'm a Brit, followed the sport from when I was a kid in the late sixties. I'm lucky enough to remember Graham Hill, Jackie Stewart, Jim, Jochen Rindt etc and unlucky enough to remember the carnage years. I'm fortunate enough to go to races across Europe - this year I'm doing Spa (second time) and Silverstone (about the twentieth) I'm not a "fan" of any one team but I must admit I'd love to see Williams come back to the fore purely from the nostalgic point of view. I live in the Birmingham area so have an affection for "Our Nige" but I respect and admire them all - probably based on jealousy!! I used to be on several F1 Facebook pages but closed my FB account because of all the crap on there these day.
Anyway, in the words of Murray Walker - gotta "Go, Go, Go!!

Great to have you. the more the merrier & we try to be as measured as we can be & opposite of social media. we dont try to defend the indefensible. which alot of the extreme side of the many of drivers fan bases can be

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Martinjochen. You'll find as very friendly but deeply cynical, sarcastic bunch. Most of us are old enough to know better.

As is the custom for all new posters but for reasons none of us can quite remember, please accept your complimentary moustache.

:moustache:

Enjoy posting.

Great to have you. the more the merrier & we try to be as measured as we can be & opposite of social media. we dont try to defend the indefensible. which alot of the extreme side of the many of drivers fan bases can be
Thanks F1, I know what you mean. There was a definite increase in the toxicity on those sites after Abu Dhabi which was a shame but inevitable I think.

Welcome to the forum Martinjochen. You'll find as very friendly but deeply cynical, sarcastic bunch. Most of us are old enough to know better.

As is the custom for all new posters but for reasons none of us can quite remember, please accept your complimentary moustache.

:moustache:

Enjoy posting.
Cheers Cider - sarcasm and cynicism are my fields of expertise these days so I should fit right in!. The 'Tache is another matter!!

Thanks F1, I know what you mean. There was a definite increase in the toxicity on those sites after Abu Dhabi which was a shame but inevitable I think.
its a shame, i guess that Prost v Senna, Schumacher v Hill & Villeneuve would've been as toxic as people did have strong opinions now. but its weird part of F1 because yes we are outraged but im glad it happened because it was a brilliant watch to see them battle

but it is frustrating when in this case Dutch fans cant talk normally, i feel like saying it wont kill you to praise your rival or be critical of your favourite driver. as you see on race thread majority view verstappen as the villain for sunday but then as a forum we voted him driver of the year by a landslide

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom