My personal memories of the 1968 German Grand Prix

Wee Scot USA

Learner
I wanted to share with you a little "project" I just completed: conversion to digital MP3 file (with considerable editing and voice-over introduction and summation) of the 120-minute cassette tape recording of my experiences at the 1968 German Grand Prix at the Nurburgring.

I remembered that I had that tape (well, rather, that my mother had it somewhere in the midst of hundreds of classical music tapes my father had recorded over the years...) when I was engaged in a discussion at SRMZ about Grand Prix heroes of yesteryear. One SRMZ members wrote he had actually been there himself that Sunday in August 1968, standing, he estimated, no more than 10 or 15 yards in front of where my mom and dad and I sat in the main grandstand opposite the pits. He challenged me to find and convert that tape so I could share it with him and others as an MP3 file.

The 1:01:13 result of my labor of love and nostalgia can be downloaded from the link below. My contextual introduction for the listener begins after 2:50 of the sounds of the start of the race. I think you'll enjoy it, maybe even as much as I enjoyed putting it together!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jo5jfb

Thanks, guys! Glad you enjoyed it.

A couple of people on other sites have been concerned about possible Trojan Horses infecting their computers by going to Sendspace, but I haven't experienced any problems. Just wait out the initial advertisement page, then click Skip Add in upper right hand corner to get to download page!

Back
Top Bottom