More Ferrari promo filming

Because that's a handicapping system in another guise.

Quite right! Remember when all but the top 4 in the WCC got a third driver in Friday practice, which in 2005 spearheaded McLaren's title charge. Quite how the FIA would have dealt with that in 2008 is a question thankfully left unanswered!

Either way, whats to stop the FIA/FOM giving the 'brands' a little push. Looks like Lotus are poor here, Ferrari poor there...

It took RBR six years and Adrian Newey, so a good designer is all it will take, Lotus could afford, Virgin too if Branson wasn't so stingy with them.

This seems to have slipped under the radar, but Ferrari had another "promotional" day a few days ago.

Apparently it was nothing to do with testing new parts such as a new diffuser and suspension set-up, plus a Red Bull inspired rake.

Yet another rule which is flouted and ignored.

:rolleyes:

Don't FOTA have an agreement that only parts used in a previous race can be used for "promotional" days?

Yes they have. They can only use a car for filming with the specifications of the last race.
Which they didn't do.

I can never understand why there is a regulation now that the car cannot start itself? I.E. they aren't allowed to have a starter motor. That one always seemed a bit daft to me.
Are you sure? If I recall correctly, a lot of the discussion around what holes are allowed in the rear floor and diffuser area centred around the "starter motor hole" - which would seem a bit odd if they don't have a starter motor! Unless it's a hole through which an external motor is connected for a few seconds in the garage to get it going? Any one with more knowledge than I care to clarify?

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but doesn't it just make sense to allow teams a handful of "Official Test Days" instead of having them dance around the issue by calling them "Filming" or "Promo" days.

To be fair it's not just Ferrari doing these promo film days. Renault have done one recently but their camera budget must have been a bit low as all the filming was done by Bruno while he was driving.

F1 cars do not have onboard starters.This is how they are started.

You would not believe how fast those pneumatic starters spin, very scary close up

Back on topic, it's testing in disguise, do the FIA have a representative at each "filming" day?

Back
Top Bottom