FIA Mohammed Ben Sulayem is the new FIA President

I’ve got a different take on Sulayem.
1. Rules are rules - this could have been a dig at Massi and something he’s going to deal with. He has acknowledged that Hamilton is in a bad place and is human. No action so far?
2. Giving the race director more power - makes sense, what he’s actually trying to avoid post race investigations and inconsistencies - we don’t yet know if Massi will keep his job therefore can’t say it’s a vote of confidence
3. He’s said he needs to speak to Hamilton as part of the gala and Abu Dhabi debacle before they can possibly start any investigations/make decisions. He again acknowledges that he understands why Hamilton needs to take some time.

I get given he’s Saudi and has Bernie in his pocket that I’m probably very naive but I don’t yet seen him as the villain others do.

Sulayem made good on his promise to fine Hamilton for missing the 'gala'.

What a ****!
Yeah but this is a “fine”. Hamilton have 50k to a charitable cause he himself founded. It’s a pretty light penalty.
I’m sure Hamilton donates more than this to charity annually anyway so it effectively renders the penalty meaningless.

Yeah but this is a “fine”. Hamilton have 50k to a charitable cause he himself founded. It’s a pretty light penalty.
I’m sure Hamilton donates more than this to charity annually anyway so it effectively renders the penalty meaningless.
Politics at the finest (in this case I don't have an issue) FIA needed to fine Hamilton for breaking the rules (yes the irony isn't lost on me), however they made the fine acceptable to Hamilton and supported a charity, so in my opinion (not worth a lot) I think they did the right thing.

So MBS is basically admitting that he had a previous business relationship with Red Bull (sponsorship) and as such he is fully behind the team and blames the other teams for everything currently wrong with F1.

I'm surprised he didn't announce the winner of the 2023 drivers and constructors titles while he was there. It would save us all the bother of having to endure another season of the Red Bull show.

So MBS is basically admitting that he had a previous business relationship with Red Bull (sponsorship) and as such he is fully behind the team and blames the other teams for everything currently wrong with F1.

I'm surprised he didn't announce the winner of the 2023 drivers and constructors titles while he was there. It would save us all the bother of having to endure another season of the Red Bull show.
yeah i really enjoyed Domincali quick interuption, it was like when you have to stop your drunk uncle at wedding, when he get a bit giddy & starts saying dodgy things. "i'll tell whats wrong with this country"
(obviously he wasnt drunk for religious reasons)

I can second that comment. We had some Saudi Navy sailors on board one of my ships for training. As soon as they are away from home they drink and eat whatever they feel like.

i went fishing last month, it was incredible, you shouldve seen it i caught a fish this big.

temp 1.png

As much as it pains me to say this, Ben Sulayem makes a valid point. The 20 Billlion isn't being stumped up for the love of the sport. That money has to flow back into the investment fund and as Ben Sulayem points out, there are very few income streams for F1 that can be increased.

The Turkey's are about to vote for Christmas one last time before the chopping block comes out.

The Saudi's will simply create their own series and buy the teams off to take part. It's exactly the same tactic they've used with Golf and to stage other major sporting events.

The kids are fighting.:whistle:

The latest **** up by Ben Sulayem suggests that it may be the final nail in his coffin and he could be out soon.

im sort of on his side as he seems very forthright on his views & as a fan i agree some of his points. & F1 unsurprisingly aren't fans of being told i think your wrong. all stems from Andretti saga. which i knew anyway but reinforced it recently that they all pretend to care about the sport. but once threatened the veil drops & they reveal they are disgraceful self centred & selfish who rather die than be apart of a 22/24/26 car grid

i have doubts whether F1 is worth 20bn. but maybe he shouldn't be saying that in public. & even then we shouldnt be selling to Saudis you think of stick they got for racing in saudi. will be nothing compared to being owned & also i have faith that liberty media have sports best interests at heart they are trying things that have made the sport better. i would worry where the sport would be heading under them

The Saudi's will simply create their own series and buy the teams off to take part. It's exactly the same tactic they've used with Golf and to stage other major sporting events.
on that i would i can see it happening but i cant see it working, because you only have to look at WEC, WRC, Formula E popularity. History is a big thing in sport & you cant buy history. Saudi F1 without would go same way as A1GP. as i doubt 400,000 people are turning up to alternative british gp at Silverstone

LIV golf is sporting metaphor for if a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound

It honestly depends who signs up.

Money talks.

Get Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull onboard and the sheep fans will soon follow.

maybe. but would it be the F1 we know. as its like cricket, where nobody making new sport would play test cricket. there is no chance we would get hour & half 2 hour races. it would be season full of sprint races

Back
Top Bottom