Melted Ice?

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/...development-than-raikkonen-says-ferrari-boss/

Back then in 2009 when Alonso replaced Raikkonen and then Ferrari needed a leader to steer the team which is what is happening now through the mess

That off course has never been Raikkonen's strength..his has always been give him a quick car and he put in a flying lap but he does not seem interested in putting the hard work and application to get the team behind him

Kimi's motivation is that invariably linked with money? If you think his paycheques varied from

$50m a year when he was billed as the ideal replacement for Schumacher by his management and you would have to consider Ferrari were actually ripped off and had to pay him redundancy just to stop him competing elsehwere

He could not land a drive at Mclaren against Hamilton as his teammate again because they offered him lower money than Hamilton at around £10m a year which allowed Button to steal the drive for cheaper . Apparently he wanted nearer £25m so on par with Alonso which only Mclaren and Toyota could offer then allegedly

He went rallying paid through Red Bull sponsors earning more than rally champ Loeb

He came back in F1 on the basis of getting €50000 per point which obviously meant he has to perform to earn it although he kept his bargain he did not expect to be treated like:censored: from Genii Capital for the effort he put in such was the falling out

His options were Red Bull and Ferrari and it appeared he wanted £15m at least which Red Bull were not even considering as they could always go for the cheaper Ricciardo

-------------------------------

At the moment Ferrari look like they've been mugged again with the money he's been paid. It seems his management team have been always getting a good for him (and them) and it is the team that suffers

-------------------------------------------------------

The trouble is he will always be questioned if he is not delivering which he takes a simple attitude of" Don't give a :censored:"

Should Ferrari be blamed for this because they all were not very complimenting of him when compared to Alonso. So Luca gambled on hoping the super team is going to put the team back up to challenge Vettel and Red Bull .

Kimi is not really the right kind of driver that Ferrari needs given their plight and problems the last few years . His attitude which sometimes appears lazy helps him but probably does not help his team who are all probably under severe pressure to deliver. It does help if he has a fat paycheck

Talented but variable...only he will know exactly how hard he is trying and how much money or fame / success motivates him.....all I can say is I am disappointed he's not been able to push Alonso and it makes me feel he got lucky in 2007....

Kimi's form this season makes di Montezemolo look like complete chump as he was his choice. Okay, Kimi did well in the Lotus last season but it had the all conquering Renault engine and he was still beaten by Hamilton and Alonso of the non-Red Bull brigade.

You may have realised I'm not a big fan of Kimi Raikkonen. I felt the reason he took a "sabbatical" from F1 showed a lack of motivation, I felt there were other drivers in the queue who should have been considered ahead of him for the Lotus drive, I was astonished when Ferrari resigned him and I will be more than happy if he buggers off at the end of this season rather than blocking a place for a younger, faster driver.

I wouldn't care if Bianchi had his arse handed to him by Alonso, I still reckon he would be closer than Raikkonen, we would have a driver growing for the future and we would have more than three words at the post race interviews. Okay Kimi, we know the routine, show no emotion, throw out some flippant answers to some serious questions about your capabilities, enthusiasm and motivation and then sod off.

Everyone complains that modern F1 drivers have no personality, ladies and gentlemen, the man with no personality, Kimi Raikkonen.

FB

Bianchi has not ruled out driving for Ferrari in 2015 after impressing in testing

- If Kimi flops it seems Luca's head is on the chopping block because Mattaci seems to be the only one who has come out with support for Kimi

FB I said Kimi is beginning to remind me of Gerhard Berger in the latter stage of his career because he managed to secure drives because of his reputation

Where Berger was a smart political player and able to get himself a good contract - he had no manager and managed to somehow wrangle expensive contracts ... Raikkonen has the Robertson's to thank for seemingly always getting him a good deal

You wonder how much Kimi really cares now he has got a lot of money
---------------------------------------

Kimi modelled himself on James Hunt who was anti establishment with his partying, drinking , smoking and womanising antics but that does not really fit in modern F1

-----------------

You wonder what did the Robertson's did to convince Luca that Kimi is still worth the money having said not so complimentary things about him in his first stint

Back
Top Bottom