McLaren to switch to Honda engines

The efficiency is not only in the storage, it is in the use. If you are allowed to use 6.7kw, but the motor is only 80% efficient, that is *removes shoes and socks* *thinks very hard*

not as much power as if the motor was 99% efficient, regardless of the storage.

The more power you are allowed to use, the more beneficial this becomes.

Also, there is the consideration to where all the additional energy goes. if it creates heat, the more efficient the unit, the lower the need for cooling, and hence improved aero, with smaller cooling openings etc.

Always better to be more efficient.

But only if you can lift the sledgehammer in the first place.

Now if you do, mind your toes, and make sure you wear goggles to protect your eyes from the flying shell.

But as we all know, the only way to shell walnuts is using specially trained squirrels.

Am energy unit as such does not have weight, what does have weight is the device used to store that energy. The more electrical energy you store the more batteries you need, the more batteries you have the greater the weight of the KERS unit. This is in practical not theoretical terms.

Apparently walnuts can also be shelled by Finns.

I know this is the big rumour that will run and run for 2 seasons...now and I think may force Mercedes hand to get a bit hard nose with Mclaren

If you were Mercedes why have a team that continually embarrasses the works team unless then. The money helps plough back into development into the works team

Mclaren allow themselves enough time to learn about the Mercedes turbo engine and then pass some knowledge to Honda

I am surprised no one has thought about both Lotus and Williams whose engine deals run out this year and they have not confirmed what engines they are using

Brogan

I don't see how that is workable unless Mercedes specifically send engineers to monitor and gather all engine data from Mclaren

Mclaren could try and play hard ball to demand cheaper engines if Mercedes want them as engine partner as in 2014

Judging by what is happening in Melbourne I 'd check with Honda are ready for 2014 because that money spent paying the engines could have actually been more useful toward R & D for Mclaren

That's true @teabagokel. Martin Whitmarsh has just come out and said he is ready to offer Hamilton a new contract!

On the engine front, if Merc stay with McLaren for 2014 I can't see how they can do anything to stop McLaren having a great deal of info on the engine. Anything less than a full working relationship would be costly for McLarens season.

if Honda have an engine ready to go, McLaren could do far worse than start on the same level playing field as everyone else in 2014 with regards to the operational experience of the 1.6 turbos.

unless MErcedes give Mclaren cheaper engines then I don't see why Mclaren have to bend over backwards to them ... I'm wondering if Mclaren may get dud engines from Mercedes or certainly not as good as the works team in order not to get the full data

Back
Top Bottom