Manhattan Grand Prix

Sorry to be a pain in the ass bottom but is it just me that sees this as a really crap attempt by the Poison Dwarf just to deflect attention away from the elephant in the room that seems to have taken up residence?

Bernie's Mind said:
I know I'll make some outlandish comment and no-one will ask me questions about Renualt, oh hang on I just said that Favio should appeal........errrrrr quick...errrrrr I know, I've just been to New York..errrr yeah I'm going to hold a race in Manhatten

Senile old twatbasket :givemestrength:

annnnnnnnd relax

at least Paris is wide enough for passing

Personally, the only street rack I'd like to see F1 cars on is Macau. Imagine the set-up for an F1 car for the blast along the front - if you couldn't get proper slipstreaming there then there is no hope. Interestingly, 16 out of the current crop of F1 drivers have experience of the track

Or Bathurst - technically a street track...

They could do it when they have Macau week - track is all set up! Went over with my brother in 1980 when he was invited to race a 500 Yam there, remember the Formula Pacifics screaming down to Lisboa and thinking they weren't going to stop - so much later on the brakes than the bikes.

You have to ask, when you have a track like Macau available, why on earth did they spend so much money building the Chinese track at Shanghai which is pretty rubbish. Bernies obsession with facilities for entertaining his guests and dignitaries once more comes at the expense of quality racing for the 500m fans at home watching on TV.

BlackCountryBob said:
why on earth did they spend so much money building the Chinese track at Shanghai which is pretty rubbish.

Its produced interesting racing for the fact its usually chucking it down when F1 rolls up in Shanghai. And there's an odd gravel trap on the pit entry fsr!

For the same reason they built a rubbish mickey mouse circuit at Valencia when they have a perfectly good track already used by the Moto GP boys and for F1 testing..

Back
Top Bottom