Lotus Renault Driver Change

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/14624084.stm

Nick Heidfeld has been replaced by Bruno Senna, according to one known only as EJ. I suppose if true it proves that LRGP are both skint and desparate for the return of Robert Kubica.

Not unexpected, but most of all not good for the Formula One prospects of Nick Heidfeld or Romain Grosjean.

I was expecting this on the Heidfeld thread

Senna has sponsors and the name helps

This just shows how desperate for money the team is.

I expect Petrov to totally dominate Senna.

A shame for Nick, but he has really underperformed this year, and I think this was inevitible. I rather doubt that Nick will be seen in F1 again.

This just shows how desperate for money the team is.

I expect Petrov to totally dominate Senna.

A shame for Nick, but he has really underperformed this year, and I think this was inevitible. I rather doubt that Nick will be seen in F1 again.

This could be an unlikely lifeline for Bruno but Spa is one of the most daunting tracks and only talented drivers excel at the circuit

If Bruno shines this weekend its over for Nick unless Schumacher calls it quits at Mercedes but then I can see the Silver Arrows not wasting any time to get Di Resta or Hulkenburg

I had always rated Heidfeld and expected him to significantly better than Petrov this season but he has dissapointed. I wonder if Petrov has improved vastly or this Renault might actually have been able to win a race with Kubica behind the wheel, I guess we'll never know. Still given the choice between Grosjean or Senna I'd give it to Grosjean as I think it's unfair to judge him based on his (I think 6) races at the end of 2009. If Kubica doesn't come back next year I'd get Sutil or Hulkenberg to fill the seat, whichever doesn't stay at Force India.

As for the thread title neither black and gold or green and yellow team are Lotus but if I was forced to give one the disputed name it would be Fernandes' outfit while the other squad would be Renault still.

Who was it that first reported Michael Schumacher's comeback with Mercedes? One Eddie Jordan I believe and while we cannot take it as fact I would say it is probable that Senna will race in Spa.

I don't reallysee the point tbh.

When was the last time Senna drove the car? Not sure he is really all that either. And i don't think Hiedfeld has done that bad either Willing to be proved wrong though.

Also with the testing rules has they are it could cause more problems then its worth. A couple of hours with limited tyres, even less if wet. hmmm, really not sure if tis a good move

Who was it that first reported Michael Schumacher's comeback with Mercedes? One Eddie Jordan I believe and while we cannot take it as fact I would say it is probable that Senna will race in Spa.

But then again he did say that Stefan GP (remember them?) would line up for the 2010 season.

I don't really see the point tbh.

Apex.jpg

The article doesn't appear to hint at only rumour, i.e not put in gossip column. I suspect this to be true and this makes me happy in a way. I still miss Kubica after a great 2010 performance. He was driving second at spa last year on the opening laps, remember.

Shame, I have always liked Heidfeld. On the other hand I think Senna stimulates the expression "journeyman" in my head even though he's still really a newbie. He didn't turn me on in GP2 and he hasn't inspired me since.

Back
Top Bottom