Liberty Media buy F1

cant remember if ive said this before on the forum. i know Ive discussed this outside of the virtual world, if i was in charge of F1 TV rights. i make sure all races were broadcast on terrestrial TV ch4 as now, itv or bbc. but only the races because their would be a split to keep sky happy.

if your dedicated fan & can afford it. sky F1. thats where you can watch testing Practise, Qualifying, Race, F2, F3, all the classic races & in depth race analysis/interviews. with the 60mins + pre race & 90 mins post race

if your a dedicated fan & cant afford it. or just a casual fan the floating viewer. like Wimbledon, Ashes, Olympics, Snooker, World cup/Euros. Channel 4 would have qualifying highlights. & then the race live but come on 15 mins before the race & 25 mins after the race to give time for podium, pit lane post race interviews & bit of reaction of the main event of the race.

surely that way you get the 6m on terrestrial tv & 1.5m on sky sports. your getting satilatle tv money for dedicated fan & your getting casual tv fan like how we all got into it. nothing else decent on sunday lunchtime eastenders omnibus or F1 & sponsors are happy being shown to a wider audience

2008 Brazilian GP coverge on ITV had an average audience of 8.8 million and peaked at 12.5 million. Sky has a way to go.

There’s more money being made than just through subscriptions, they’re already happy and have been for years.
F1 viewing in UK has been destroyed by pay-to-view, shit racing on shit circuits and the entire being supposed to be “the show”.

Once TV rights for pay to view get involved in any form of sport then the rights holders tend to change the sport for TV production introducing gimmicks to enhance the spectacle, wind up the audience and go for a break, charge a fortune for advertising in the break. With F1 this could cause an increase in safety car laps and the rules modified to allow for this, look at the Super Bowl time out and Indy cars adverts under the safety car, there are already signs for shorter races so is F1 going pander to TV and Liberty is a media company.

Whoever owns F1.com has had one loss this year. Now that I can no longer see the races on German TV I have cancelled my subscription to the enhanced timing screens. This means that the BBC is also down on the radio.

Their knees must be trembling.

how many of the pandemic circuits, do we think will be carry on in 2022 & beyond. either permanently or semi permanently on rotation. i think Imola, Portimao, Turkey we might see more of in normal times

this is a bolt from the blue, sochi is being replace in 2023 we are going to st petersburg. & will be 150km from border of Finland (Leicester to London). which is a great way to get the finnish fans into the circuit, if in 2023 Bottas & Kimi are still in F1

Last edited:
Unfortunately many countries in the Middle East have huge sovereign wealth funds as we have paid them billions for their oil over the years so we will see them buying more and more things around the world. Some European countries have these as a result of their oil industry (Norway), whilst others pissed it up the wall on tax breaks for the super rich (Great Britain).

Back
Top Bottom