Liberty Media buy F1

Also, the way the regulations are written, there is the ability for Liberty and the teams to agree to adjust that number."

Basically, if you are a massive car manufacturer we'll bend the rules to fit but if you are a small start up its 200 million on the table or sod off.

Oh... Good.

Hmmmmmm

Having said that, having a former Ferrari boss in charge of the FIA and a former Ferrari technical director in charge of revamping F1's rules hasn't made a bit of difference so I don't imagine this appointment will change much.

yeah i like Dominicali, did great things there & when you think how much success he had. i think he had still been in charge in recent years they wouldve had another championship under the belts at least

& yes its obvious have 3 previous team principals of ferrari in 3 of the most important roles in F1 have no effect on ferrari because if it it was they wouldnt be having the worst season for 40 years

Has their lack of success influenced the way in which they are supported by F1? No, so this is not a good step.
Ferrari's influence needs to be reduced, not maintained or increased.

How has Ferrari been supported as much as Mercedes?

The fact that their cheating trial discussion was sealed for reputation protection (can't think of a time any other team got that privilege). Plus the fact that they still have the most privileged revenue share percentage and their veto. Ferrari is definitely treated better than any other team.

i agree on that. P1 Ferrari case is extremely odd for what they were accused of doing & it was a hush hush settlement with ex ferrari team principal & current FIA president. red bull got worse press for all the parts that were proven to be legal

but i thought that as part of the new agreement for 2021. Ferrari lost the veto, & the money that meant they got more for turning up that the 5th - 10th teams got in abu Dhabi

Worst boy band EVER!

It could be worse, Luca di Montezemolo could be involved somewhere as well. Actually, he probably is.

The fact that their cheating trial discussion was sealed for reputation protection (can't think of a time any other team got that privilege). Plus the fact that they still have the most privileged revenue share percentage and their veto. Ferrari is definitely treated better than any other team.
Who but Mercedes was used to set the specs for a formula and then saw everybodies specs essentially frozen for the duration of the formula, thereby ensuring that the team that started the formula with an advantage would retain it for the life of the formula? And when before has a formula been extended for a year beyond its original schedule demise, to the benefit of the aforementioned team?

i agree on that. P1 Ferrari case is extremely odd for what they were accused of doing & it was a hush hush settlement with ex ferrari team principal & current FIA president. red bull got worse press for all the parts that were proven to be legal

but i thought that as part of the new agreement for 2021. Ferrari lost the veto, & the money that meant they got more for turning up that the 5th - 10th teams got in abu Dhabi

This article also shows that Ferrari is still getting extra bonus money.

A point which Mercedes was upset about given they also have historical value to F1 and have employed the sports two most marketable drivers since their return in 2010. They made a point about how they have expanded the appeal of F1 in a way that Ferrari could not through Lewis Hamilton’s appeal behind traditional F1 audiences. Especially in the US.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom