Liberty Media buy F1

It just means that McLaren have looked at the small print and believe their position will remain the same or be improved after signing.

All the teams that feel that will sign and those that don't (Mercedes) won't sign it.

The team in the most dominant position at the time it comes up for renewal next will also moan the house down.

Look at Red Bull's position on cost cutting before and after 2010.

always but thats been F1 teams all over. since theyve had the input. they would rather destroy the sport they race in. than have a rule that might bring F1 more healthier & on the road back to the glory days

I hate to be the one to say this, but there is no road back to the glory days, if they even really existed.

i cant speak for before 1998 because i didnt watch it. id only be take another person opinion. but F1 has had some "glory days" 1998 - 2000, 2003, 2005 - 2010 & 2012. i geninely didnt think we are that far away. if season had started in austria last yr. it wouldve been considered 1 of the best seasons for a decade. a close 3 way title race, 6 different winners . that spell in 2019 between canada to italy was some of the best consistent racing i can remember.

but everytime i think finally all 3 teams have closed up. mercedes blow everyone out of the water in the 1st 8 races following season

Well supposedly the income distribution is more even to allow the smaller teams to compete so how much did Ferrari really lose from their annual payment they got under Bernie?

During one of the previous Concorde Agreement negotiations Ron Dennis came across Bernie Ecclestone at breakfast and told him that no one would sign the contract. Bernie and Ron both enjoyed a flutter so Bernie said to Ron "I bet you a hundred thousands pounds someone will sign it" "You're on" said Ron and they shook hands.

Bernie then took the latest version of the Concorde Agreement from his briefcase, which was by his table, and duly signed it. "You owe a hundred grand" said Bernie to Ron.

I suspect Bernie is a better gambler than the Liberty Media crowd.

Liberty Media are trying to position themselves away from Bernie and CVC who were serial money grabbers and in such turned people away from F1

The rule change for 2022 will be the biggest rule change in F1 history, even bigger than the last one which was the biggest in F1 history, which in itself was the biggest one since the last biggest one in history.

They are just recycling the quotes by this point.

Back
Top Bottom