Lewis Hamilton - Unlucky, Unskilled or Unsupported?

oh well it seems like the racing Gods or someone really does not want Lewis to be champ with another mechanical issue which affected his quali today

Lets hope the race brings him better fortunes because the only bad luck Rosberg seems to have was his retirement in Silverstone

When one uses the word "nearly",
The problem with that is he hasn't even had to deal with anything out of the ordinary in F1 let alone nearly deal with everything F1 can throw at him, the only thing he has had to deal with is being sponsored and groomed from the age of 14 and always being in a car that is capable of winning races and at times championships, other drivers would give their left testicle to have to deal with that kind hardship.

Last edited:
Lewis Hamilton got a deal with McLaren age 14 as he was identified as an exceptional talent and taken under the wing of the McLaren team young driver program. I think he has repaid McLaren's faith in spades with how he has performed in F1. He has also had more column inches written about him than any other F1 driver primarily because of the colour of his skin so, in my opnion, he has had to put up with more than many over his short time in the sport.

I'm not denying he has talent FB what I am saying is that it is bad enough being told all the time that the bloke can walk on water but now it is being said that he is a rock in the face of adversity and having column inches written about you isn't a bad thing especially when someone is actively encouraging it by dating the famous singer with Elizabeth Taylor syndrome, schmoozing with the rock stars and coming on like some punk rapper...

Last edited:
The fantasy where Hamilton had an adversity free upbringing and easy coast into F1 exists only in the mind of deluded naysayers and nitwits. The notion that his career has been adversity free because he's been fortunate/fast enough to notch a victory every season is a monumental oversimplification and only serves to diminish his achievements.

Not a single person on here posts anything carrying "god-like" undertones in regards to Lewis. That's another strawman built up inside the mind of those carrying a grudge. Likewise, no one has claimed he's infallible on the circuit either. Read the posts, we all allow for the fact that human beings are prone to experience errors in judgement occasionally and Hamilton is no different.

The fantasy where Hamilton had an adversity free upbringing
I didn't say that but then many people have had a hard upbringing so that has got naff all to do with it, my parents couldn't even afford a set of pram wheels to nail to a plank of wood let alone pay to take me karting my heart bleeds for him.
easy coast into F1
Yes he did compared to many others, maybe you should do some research into other drivers that have managed to get into F1.
he's been fortunate/fast enough to notch a victory every season is a monumental oversimplification
No it isn't put him in a Caterham and see if he can win a race and then I will believe you.
Not a single person on here posts anything carrying "god-like" undertones in regards to Lewis.
Yes they have but those people have been banned from the site.
we all allow for the fact that human beings are prone to experience errors in judgement
Not everyone as far as Lewis is concerned.
Hamilton is no different.
The only point I can agree with you on, he definitely is no different from any other human being..

Last edited:
Hamberg

If Hamilton has always been "too good to drive at Caterham", why did Alonso, who most people consider the best driver currently in F1, have to start off in the ultimate bottom-feeder team, Minardi?

And I said what does that have to do with anything? Including the current cost of tea leaves in Spain.

Alonso's having started at Minardi had/has no effect on Hamilton's career path. And the fact he started with 9 straight podiums makes this conversation even more irrelevant.

well Lewis did nothing wrong today and still ended up with nothing

- at least he got support from his bosses in this instance but a thinly veiled criticism at his engineers about the fragility of the car was aimed from his interview today

Not a single person on here posts anything carrying "god-like" undertones in regards to Lewis. That's another strawman built up inside the mind of those carrying a grudge.

I'm sorry Keke I agree with a lot of things you say but whenever you say people who aren't as positive about Hamilton as you would like them to be are "carrying a grudge" (why would they have a grudge?) it's really petty and kind of insulting.

Back
Top Bottom