Lance Armstrong to be stripped of all seven Tour de France titles

I was just questioning why he chose not to stand and defend himself as he would have come out of it looking better than he does now I would like to believe that if someone accused me of something and I knew I was innocent then I would want to see the evidence and defend myself.

But I know what you mean Brogan and yet again this is happening in America so who knows what the truth is....

It's definitely an odd story.
Now, no-one will know if he is guilty or innocent as no evidence has been produced, there has been no case put forward by the prosecution and he hasn't defended himself.

I await to see how it plays out and what the UCI do about it all.

I know a guy who nicked Linford's girlfriend from him I'm thinking the girl wasn't to keen on whatever that thing was Christie had stuffed down his Lycra's or the guy I know had something more to offer a lady...

Who gets the wins now? Saw an article showing who got second and third in each of the years that Lance won it and every last one of them was involved somehow with doping. I think there may have been one that got 3rd the first year that wasn't not sure about him though. I know the rest were caught.

There is definitely more to this than meets the eye. The language being used is very well chosen, and there are legions of people willing to stick the knife in. It would also appear, the Lance is not a particularly nice chap.

I think that this is now a case of damage limitation for Armstrong, and. Not defending himself may lead to uncertainty in the potential outcome, and hence no certainty over whether he did or did not cheat.

It will be interesting to find out what sponsors etc make of this after giving him around $10m of tour win bonuses etc, and also what the remaining accused have to say on the subject.

Another scandal in cycling, who'd have thought it.

I've always found it hard to believe that someone who nearly lost his life to cancer would then turn around and abuse his body with drugs. Maybe he's just sick to death of all the accusations and decided his energy would be better served elsewhere. As far as I'm concerned until he fails a drug test he's not a cheat.

And it all comes crashing down. According to this then, one of the worlds modern heroes (not only in sport) is not only a prolific cheat and a liar but a terrible bully as well. *shakes head* :disappointed:

The same way other athletes do and are caught 10 years later.

Drugs are always way ahead of testing as the tests need to know what to test for.

Many of the tricks I've heard of the cyclists using would have been impossible to use that many times though. Oh well I'm sure its out there somewhere if I just Google it.

Some damning testaments coming out now, only those involved will ever know the truth.
Now they seem to be implying some officials in the anti-doping agency were involved, something about $100,000 Armstrong 'donated' was discussed on the radio this morning.
The stories that are coming out are horrendous if they're true. I don't care if a person risks their own health with dodgy stuff (as long as they don't get away with it) but to bully other team-mates into taking drugs beggars belief.
I wonder what the cycling federation will do now & who those 7 titles will go to? Perhaps the chap coming in 32nd but drug free will find himself winner of the TdF!

Back
Top Bottom