Kit Cars

There is a program on 'Discovery Shed' channel Sky 242 at 8pm and 8.30pm all this week called 'Kit car crisis' Its a bloke building a Fisher Fury for racing with a Hyabusa engine. Decent show.
fisher_fury_00.jpg

It's something I've thought about a couple of times but I've firmly come to the conclusion that I have neither the time, the space, the mechanical ability or the funds to build any of these beauties. Good luck to anyone who does though.

She looks in good nick, just looks like the one careful owner to me probably a female who only drove her when it was sunny down to the shops and back, I'll give you 3 big ones for her.LOL

And can you throw in the mini bike in the background?

If any of you fancy it, the company I've bought my kit from have just launched a new one. A tribute to the Group B Ford RS200 rally car.

RS200front34_zpsc0473d5d.jpg

So you are looking at between 200 and 450 quid plus a re-inspection fee (Dependent on class.) + a voluntary fee of up to 500 quid if you want it, I would imagine the voluntary one wouild reduce your insurance costs somewhat, or I hope that would be the case....

It de[ends on the level of modification Mephistopheles. The kit I'm building doesn't modify the chassis or running gear of the MX so there is no need for an IVA test. If you significantly modify any car, for example having to cut out large amounts of metal to fit a V8 engine where a 4 cylinder usually goes, you should get the vehicle inspected and approved.

As the other half had one of those MR2s for 6 years I can only say I'm happy to see the 3 litre one parked up ;)

Back
Top Bottom