Kevin Magnussen

The son of former McLaren Formula One driver Jan Magnussen makes his Formula One debut in the 2014 season. He started his racing career in karting and quickly moved onto more powerful single seaters.
After early success in Danish Formula Ford he was soon competing and winning in Formula Renault 2.0 and Formula 3 before competing in the Formula Renualt 3.5 series and winning the championship in his second year.

As a product of the same driver development program that brought us Lewis Hamilton as well as a strong racing pedigree, Magnussen has become accustomed to winning at all levels of the junior motorsport ranks and will want to continue his success when he makes his debut in March.

Until he had an engine problem and got stuck in a Kimi traffic jam KMag was looking pretty good at Monaco today.

His move on JEV before the safety car was illegal and a little cheeky but at least it showed he was awake and looking for opptunities.

Interestingly this is the first of the tracks he's raced on before. Will be interesting to see his form at Austria where he will be the only driver to have raced there.

I'm pretty sure its be rennovated since it was on the F1 cal. I will stand corrected though.

KMag raced on it last year though so will certainly have some advantage on track knowledge.

I think there are or were plans to change the layout, but I don't think they have been carried out, although, if they have, you would be correct.

£10 CTA pounds to whoever is correct?

There were all manner of plans to reintroduce the old loop, but no, we still have the deadly dull A1 Ring.... Sorry Red Bull Ring.... Dully dully dull dull...

Sounds like a bet to me.

I'm seem to remember hearing had changed on the WSBR race last year becauae it only has 8 corners.

Sounds like a bet to me.

I'm seem to remember hearing had changed on the WSBR race last year becauae it only has 8 corners.
It only had 8 corners in 2004! It used to be a great track back in the day.... but then Hermann the Germann came in and Tilkered (Tinkered) with the track......

It is now a stupid poxy little track that once was a really great one It only takes about 10 seconds to get round it I can't imagine any driver having any difficulty learning how to drive it in more than about a minute and so I don't see any track advantage for KMag.

Alright I may be exaggerating just a little but not by much..

Last edited:
I remember a lot of good races at the A1 ring, and some spectacular crashes (Heidfeld/Sato springs to mind)- just because it's not as twisty as other tracks doesn't make it a bad one.

Chopped sutil up at the chicane yesterday, spinning on the grass today. :no:

After his 2nd place in the first race I was hopeful he was the real deal. Now I'm thinking it may of been a year too early for him. Seems a bit ragged. I think he needs to focus. Jenson is making him look very average.

Back
Top Bottom