Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

I had a chuckle. It's partly true, he'll probably retire on lap 17, if he doesn't crash out before.
The last part of the article is weird though, the team decides who to run in testing not the driver, he is fit, he'll have three practice sessions on a unique track and McLaren have an excellent simulator, therefore I don't see much of an advantage of testing the car four weeks prior the GP.

Its true as button probally wont finish but
just starting is an improvement on 2016. Button very we all know that monaco is the least physically demanding track on the calendar the average pole time for the last decade ks 1:14.676 Which is avg speed of barely 100 mph, compared to 137mph in austraila china - 133 bahrain - 136 russia -

So the big G force increase dont count here as unlike spain this weekend they wont be going fast enough

All of what Webber said may be true but it does look a bit off to slag of Button in public. I think Button's persona of the golden boy, proper Brit, Lovely Boy, butter wouldn't melt etc, etc is a little overblown. Maybe he can be an arse at times like most people. He split up with Jessie for god's sake.

And Button driving in Monaco is nothing compared to Alonso driving the Indy 500.

Are Webber and Villeneuve after Katie Hopkins job as "rent-a-gob"? I now regret clicking on the link as the comments from Webber are a non-story. Bitter, has been driver shoots his mouth off. Who cares?

I put this all under the probably true, we all probably know that it is true, but didnt really need saying.

I think I have already stated that the comeback would be an anticlimax, I do not believe for one minute that JB is really excited to be back in the McLaren which is worse than the one he gave up last year, but the rest is a little bit of needle from someone that I thought would have more class, although he is acting a little as Alonso's PR mouthpeice.

You know I think Button would spend his time better shagging his girlfriend seeing with that t-shirt he had on the other than soldiering around in Monaco

Button said in an interview he got two offers over the winter for a drive this season. One of them was obviously Williams, but who was the other one?

RasputinLives I'll take a punt on Renault given it would make a statement of intent that they are serious about taking over at Enstone

Surely he did not turn down the Mercedes drive if it was offered

...Maybe he can be an arse at times like most people. He split up with Jessie for god's sake.

I have to agree; to let that girl go he must be nuts.

With regards to the race m, Button did a decent job but with the penalty he's got, he's probably going to have a very hard time tomorrow.

The first time this season that both McLarens have got into Q3. Good tactics to bring out the yellow flags when they did.

Back
Top Bottom