Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

His motivation? What a crap last couple of seasons for both Jenson and Fernando. It would have been fascinating to have seen how they performed against one another in competitive cars, sadly McLaren failed to meet the hype of their partnership with Honda and I don't believe it was just the engine.

Indeed. I would like to suggest here that his demeanour was more "at the moment, but never say never" however, I do not think it would be brought up if it wasn't likely to be his last GP.

I do think that it is time to move on to other things now though. That said, if Fernando is not happy, they may need someone to step in!

Lots of comment on some of the motor sport feeds about Alonso driving for Porsche at Le Mans. Maybe JB wants to get in before him?

Not all F1 drivers get the chance to drive the fastest car on the grid every year, but for the half-season that Jenson did have the fastest car, he damned well made it count. The hatful of quality wet-weather wins in the McLaren, and a couple of superb untouchable dry-weather wins on top of that, make him an F1 great in my book. The sport will be poorer without him, just as the paddock (& the MTC;)) has been poorer without his Dad.

Good luck to You JB...thanks for being the nice guy on the grid, and for all those Sundays when you made me cheer at the TV.

Going to be so strange in melbourne not having Jenson on grid. he is a lovely guy, 1 of the greatest drivers in in wet & changeable conditions & Ive Grown up with him he was the 1st British guy i saw race, was 9 when 1st watched him now im 26. just thinking about the last 16 years all the memories of them races in Malaysia & Imola 2004, Hungary 2006, Australia, Monaco & Brazil 2009. Canada 2011 (possibly my favourite as screamed at the tv) + Others ive maybe forgotten

Although i love the stat that JB started his career racing with Jos Verstappen & ends its with his son Max Verstappen

Anyone else emotional :teary:

This thread will be deleted in.....

old-timer-countdown-o.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom