Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

For Jenson Lewis gives him the motivation to push himself up to a higher level of performance which he may not have with Perez.

Some drivers need to test themselves against the best to gain credibility and improve their status...take Senna he simply wanted to do everything better than Prost and he did and it was a level of intensity that Prost found it was beyond his comfort zone

Senna remember said he missed racing against Prost in 1994

-------------------

People said Button was not world class and could only win in a superior car and not in Hamilton's league so a chance to prove himself and he has not disappointed

Now the challenge of Alonso - a bit of PR and reminder that should Vettel not fancy the challenge of Alonso at Ferrari he might be tempted

Give him his dues he isn't afraid to take on a challenge and that is a big credit to him, which is why
1. I admire Hamilton's decision
2. I admire Alonso going back to Renault after McLaren
3. I hope this Vettel chooses to leave Red Bull after this year

Although, Alonso didn't really have a choice other than to go back to Renault after the fallout at McLaren. I do admire how he grew over his period at Renault and the new man that emerged on the other side. I am starting to see signs of his ego getting a little over-inflated again, though, and I hope he can reign it back in as an ego can be a dangerous thing when working in a team. Sorry that this is off topic, but I really wanted to respond to your post, Hamberg.

Back
Top Bottom