Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

Not convinced on that one, if I'm interpreting your post correctly - did JB have a game plan? As you say, we will have to wait until next year.

I can understand why some people think that Jenson was instrumental in forcing Lewis out but I cannot see any evidence thst he actually did so...

All I have heard him say is that he is sorry that Lewis has left, he will miss the competion and he is a great loss to the team....

I can understand why some people think that Jenson was instrumental in forcing Lewis out but I cannot see any evidence thst he actually did so...

All I have heard him say is that he is sorry that Lewis has left, he will miss the competion and he is a great loss to the team....

Jenson sorry that Lewis left:nah:I doubt that very much.

If Mercedes and Lewis aren't competitive next season, Jenson knows very well that a major challenger for him to secure the 2013 WDC, has been removed.

I don't understand what you mean by that lewymp4 he joined McLaren to test himself against Lewis and everyone said he would be demolished by him and yet he still took up the challenge and he wasn't demolished by him by any stretch of the imagination, so how can you infer that my statement is not true????

What else does he have to do to get some sort of acknowledgement from his doubters???

I don't understand what you mean by that lewymp4 he joined McLaren to test himself against Lewis and everyone said he would be demolished by him and yet he still took up the challenge and he wasn't demolished by him by any stretch of the imagination, so how can you infer that my statement is not true????

What else does he have to do to get some sort of acknowledgement from his doubters???

Mesphistopheles...I for one had never believed that Lewis would just steamroll Jenson. Any driver who can win 6 out of the first 7 races as Jenson did in 2009, even though in a car with a technical advantage over the rest of the field, is one that you just don't discount, and doesn't have driving skills.

On another forum that I had frequently visited, and when Alonso had left Mclaren, I brought up the subject of Jenson instead of Heikki as being a possible teammate for Lewis.

So...just don't include me on the list as being one of those doubters, regarding Jenson's driving abilities and skill.

I'm sorry that you felt that I was treating you rudely Mesphistopheles, but not for one moment did I ever believe Jenson, when he said that he was sorry to see Lewis leave. Jenson said the best way for a team to challenge and possibly win the WDC, would be to have a clear #1 driver, and a driver who is happy to be a #2. Today that clearly presently exists at Mclaren, and now that Button has his wish of being the unquestionable #1.......Why would he be sad to see Lewis leave, a driver who was a major impediment for him achieving that #1 status at Mclaren?

lewymp4 I thought your "Oh please." post was directed at my comment about Jenson relishing a challenge and so found it mocking I don't find it mocking that you disagree with my post about Jenson being sorry about Lewis leaving McLaren, as one is a matter of opinion and the other is a matter of Jenson's decision to join McLaren in the first place i.e for the challenge....

Back
Top Bottom