Jean-Éric Vergne

Il_leone

Champion Elect
soccerman17 Yes as I am sure others will agree because Algarsuari's results are not that much different from Vergne or Ricciardo's and he was even younger

Unfortunately one man calls the shots and his name is " the Dark Lord" Helmut Marko as he lines up the next apprentice starting with Vettel then Ricciardo and then Kyvat so next will be ?

Its a brutal way but every driver knew what they were getting into when they signed on the programme

I agree the disposed drivers have not really recovered like poor Liuzzi

Timing is always key .. Helmut spent so long trying to force Webber who thought he was the immovable object until the forces were totally overwhelming against him to the point he had to quit. Had Webber won 2010 drivers title he probably would have retired 2011 and Alguarsuari or Buemi would have been promoted then.

This time in Vergne's case he was given a second life and am afraid Helmut showed no mercy in his decision

Dash Racing

Points Scorer
That would be my suspicion too. While I'd be stoked for him if he got the F1 drive, I'd be sad if he stopped doing Formula E.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
\it might not be a bad idea by JEV to sign up for Formula E next season and prove he is still a fast racing driver because he's hardly getting any track time at Ferrari and internal sponsor pressures could force Ferrari to field Gutierrez who is an inferior driver for now

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
I suspect Ferrari will end up with what they think is the best driver line-up possible. They've got a budget.

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
....and about 50 different sponsors queing up to get their name associated with Ferrari if they need them.

Gutteriez is being linked to Haas due to Haas link to Mexico and Ferrari. He's not being pushed by Ferrari to be signed up by Haas.

from all account Gutteriez is exceptionally good on set up and development which is probably another reason he's being courted. Think of him as this generations Pedro De La Rosa.

Last edited:

Il_leone

Champion Elect
RasputinLives Ferrari did entice Mexican sponsorship. We don't know the ins and outs but if the Mexican sponsorship came with a huge backing then there is probably expectancy to field Gutierrez to please them

A way for Ferrari to get around this is make Haas them field him instead in return for the Ferrari partnership and kill two birds with one stone. I don't see JEV getting his chance at Ferrari even if Raikkonen suddenly quit