Jean-Éric Vergne

Incubus

Champion Elect
Where is he "slagging off Renault" in that link?

He's just saying there have been reliability problems both with his team and on Renault's part, and that he's "confident they can do something about it".

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
Already rumours circulating that JEV will be replaced by Carlos Sainz Jr mid-season.

I can see where its coming from as Kvyat is making him look ordinary at the moment and Sainz Jr looked pretty impressive in the opening round of the World Series. However I think maybe JEV should be at least given to the end of the year. He's shown flashes of being a good driver and is massively impressive in the wet. He just can't do it consistantly.

I do think he needs to show quite a lot by the end of the year to avoid being dropped though.

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
I think a career consisting of getting the eye-catching results without consistency gives you Championship positions at Top 10 borderline teams, but not at the top.

Red Bull exist at the top.

Boisko2

Rookie
Tough luck today due to an exhaust failure. He will be hoping for a repeat of last year's races in Monaco and Canada.

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
JEV has been {unlucky with reliability/a total car breaker} (delete as applicable) this season, though. Only 2 finishes.

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
Its very similar to whats going on in the main Red Bull team. New boy comes in and gets consistant results whilst establish driver struggles with new car issues.

Maybe less knowledge is power with these new F1 cars.

Top Bottom