Is Rubens Treated As No 2??

McFerrari

Rookie
In an interview with the BBC's Lee McKenzie he seemed to be hinting that he felt as though he was being treated as 2nd to Button after Jenson had been switched to a 2 stopper and he'd been left on the 3 stopper? What do you guys think? I think there's a bit of hostility between Ross Brawn and Barrichello that has been re ignited for the first time in 4 years.

I could be wrong but isn't Rubens on a race by race contract for this season?

Personally I don't buy all the bullsh*t that it was "team orders" today - Looking at the times Ruby was a a lot slower on the harder tyres.

Why is Ruebens throwing his toys out the pram again? If he wants to beat Jenson, then he simply has to drive faster, even when he was much lighter and pulling out .7 seconds a lap, it was too slow and he knew it as he was told by his engineers. :disappointed:

What would have been interesting would have been to see the two Brawn's racing on the same strategy then we would have know whether Barrichello was faster than Button or not. With Brawn having mixed up the strategies we will never know.

That said, I am struggling to understand how Brawn could have expected Barrichello to build up a 20/25 second advantage on his 3rd stint. I'm no strategist but doesn't that mean Rubens would have to have driven at nearly a second a lap faster than Button, an almost impossible task for any driver me thinks regardless of the newness of the tyres or the amount of fuel on board...

Fat Bloke said:
What would have been interesting would have been to see the two Brawn's racing on the same strategy then we would have know whether Barrichello was faster than Button or not. With Brawn having mixed up the strategies we will never know.

That said, I am struggling to understand how Brawn could have expected Barrichello to build up a 20/25 second advantage on his 3rd stint. I'm no strategist but doesn't that mean Rubens would have to have driven at nearly a second a lap faster than Button, an almost impossible task for any driver me thinks regardless of the newness of the tyres or the amount of fuel on board...
There is only one thing wrong with that and it is simply that Jenson has been faster than Ruebens every race this season. This is a simple fact, yet people don't seem to understand this. A second a lap should have been possible with the amount of fuel each had respectively. You would have seen it if it had been the other way around.

How much does 1 lap of fuel give in the respect of lap-times? even if it is 0.1, Jenson had 10 laps (at least) more fuel on board than Ruebens after the first stop.

I do think that Button would have won the race on the same strategy as Barrichello, but I still think that Barrichello is the no. 2 driver or there has been an exchange somewhere like this:

"Hey Rubens, did you hear Ross say that the 3-stopper is fastest?"
"No, I can't see how it could be!"
"It is, I promise you, Ross told me!"
"Well what's Jenson doing?"
"He's doing a 3-stopper, I promise mate" [hehe]

I'm not sure what Barrichello was doing, an ape with an abacus would have come up with a 2-stopper!

Apparently both the Brawns were originally intending to stop three times.

Which is odd, because none of the other teams found that was the optimum strategy, did they?

There was nothing wrong with Rubens' pace in the first stint - pulling away from Button, in a heavier car?

I think Ross is very good at ensuring the right driver wins, let's put it like that.

I dont think that Rubens is being treated as no 2, If you looks the lap times he was way slow in the final part of the race. If he wen't then he would of been al ot closer to button and bin able to challenge for the victory. It seems obivous to me that for some strange reason Rubens tyres were shot from the moment they were put on. If iam correct tyres are still made by the hand on robitcs, it could of been that they were just a 'bad batch'. The fact that Brawn ran 3 stopper, well I think it was something that could of been done if you was at the front of the grid and therefore not get held up behind other drivers so slighy better then a 2 stop but more risky too.

Rick D - I dont think he threw his toys out of thepram but stated that he would leave if has a 2nd driver and the media, like the media always do, twisted and changed the words to make a headline and sell some newspapers.

Back
Top Bottom