Iran Grand Prix

Divorce politics from sport, like South African rugby until a few years ago?

Oh golly not that discussion again........we killed that a long time ago, like say a few 20 years ago.

[edit]

And silly me for forgetting that F1 happily came to South Africa in the issolation years. As I mentioned before, money talks and BS walks.

Come on Iran! The F1 circus would return back with a lumuinous green tinge and still Iran would deny they are developing Nuclear Power! :whistle: Where to next, the F1 Grand Prix of Rwanda?
map_africa.jpg

This thread seems to be about criticising the sovereign government of the Islamic Republic of Iran, and thus claiming it is therefore not a candidate for hosting a Formula One race.

Whilst I generally tend to agree with the policies of the Islamic Republic of Iran about as often as I visit Jupiter, I do not think that means Formula One can't go there. There were South African Grand Prix in the mid-80s.

Come on Iran! The F1 circus would return back with a lumuinous green tinge and still Iran would deny they are developing Nuclear Power!

I was unaware nuclear weaponry made a country ineligible to host F1, must be news to Britain. And America. And India. And Russia.

This thread seems to be about criticising the sovereign government of the Islamic Republic of Iran, and thus claiming it is therefore not a candidate for hosting a Formula One race.

Whilst I generally tend to agree with the policies of the Islamic Republic of Iran about as often as I visit Jupiter, I do not think that means Formula One can't go there. There were South African Grand Prix in the mid-80s.

I was unaware nuclear weaponry made a country ineligible to host F1, must be news to Britain. And America. And India. And Russia.

:) I'm all for a GP anywhere as long as it is practical and improves F1 as a sport.

Think my cynicism is with the F1 brand itself & the reaching out it has done in the last 10 years. A worry that eventually tracks like Spa, Suzuka, Monza, Sao Paulo, Silverstone, etc are replaced by identi-kit Tilke Eithiad Airways branded Grand Prix's of Iran, where the overall product is developed with the $ in mind as opposed to racing.

I don't want to take the moral high ground when it comes to countries right to host a GP, hey the UK is no perfect country, Iran or Rawnda has every right to host as anyone else. My fear is not where it is but what it is!

Many are @ junctures in regards to the sport selling it's own soul to Sky and the last thing we need now is the few remaining quality tracks being put under threat from $ based racing instead of well racing.......

This weekend as an example, we are going to see teams at their very limit of aero specs for the flat out speed that is Monza, I really don't want to lose that :dunno:

Only 8 races left in Europe :thinking:

I find the criticism unfair towards these Middle Eastern, African, and Asian countries...we have major problems in our countrys just because the get swept under the carpet and get covered up doesn't make us more worthy than the other countries.

For some reason I don't think that homosexuals, scantily-clad women, or preaching Christians will be tolerated in Iran, do you?

Who are we to question how they run their own country? Most of the disrupt in these type of countries have come from the influence of the West.

For some reason I don't think that homosexuals, scantily-clad women, or preaching Christians will be tolerated in Iran, do you?

Neither did our countries until recently, yet we held grand prix's back then...

Back
Top Bottom