I Was Just Disobeying Orders

snowy

Champion Elect
From Sebastian Vettel's latest discussion with interviewers and Autosport i have to conclude that he is slightly madder than a box of frogs:

Asked if he would do the same again, Vettel replied: "I am not sure I can give you a proper answer because in the moment it might be different, but I would probably do the same.
"Had I understood the message and had I thought about it, reflected on it, thought what the team wanted to do, to leave Mark in first place and me finishing second... I think I would have thought about it and I would probably have done the same thing.
"He didn't deserve it.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106631

I suspect he was told in no uncertain terms at the time to apologise! This is quite interesting because, along with team orders supposedly having been got rid of, it seems quite a lot may have changed in that team in the last 2 weeks and he feels he can speak his brains a bit more. Or he's mad as a box of frogs.

Fair play to him, I believe that is what he said at the time, just that it was preceded by the apology and some may have missed the caveats. He said he wasn't sorry, would do the same thing again, etc, etc.

It just seems to me that after having spoken to the team and to his team mate that he would have amended his attitude slightly or at the very least reconciled his mental dichotomy.

One thing is for certain - it's a very stupid thing to say given that it will surely lose him the support of his team-mate in his quest for the WDC. Compare the way he moans liitle a spoilt little child about Webber with the way Alonso kisses Massa's arse in public, despite knowing that he's obviously miles ahead of him. Also the Mercedes team-mate dynamic. They do it because they realise there may be a point when they need their team-mate onside. Vettel seems to think he can do it all on his own. He better hope that the title doesn't boil down to him needing Webber to keep Alonso/Hamilton/Kimi behind him at any point.

Seems two-faced. Vettel should have just come out and said what he meant after the race. He was appeasing what the team and the media wanted to hear with an apology. Looks like Vettel's the team principal at Red Bull now.

I have done exactly what Vettel has done in a previous workplace. I lost a lot of support from my colleagues and peers and it stunted my career progression for about two years. I don't entirely regret it as I learned a lot from it but I will definitely say that I would do things differently next time. His response is extremely immature and I can tell you that it is not likely to be productive for him either.

Isn't this what we want...? Racing drivers. :thumbsup:

I don't think he's mad at all - just stifled by the need to adhere to the Corporate Communications Policy. Three WDCs have loosened his tongue a bit, but let's have some characters and rivalries back in F1.

I wish every team would allow their drivers to race.... I'm sick of team orders. Hopefully now the gloves are off at RBR we will have some proper racing at the front.

It seems to me that Seb & Mark really do not get on and haven't for some time, despite appearances. Seems like the spat is going public. Wonder what Mark will say?

Mark: "Bugger, if that's his attitude he has to beat me and my side of the garage". I think it will spur Webber on and, possibly, make him more reckless.

The silly little schoolboy has just cocked up everything that the management were trying to achieve for him.

One thing is for certain - it's a very stupid thing to say given that it will surely lose him the support of his team-mate in his quest for the WDC. Compare the way he moans liitle a spoilt little child about Webber with the way Alonso kisses Massa's arse in public, despite knowing that he's obviously miles ahead of him. Also the Mercedes team-mate dynamic. They do it because they realise there may be a point when they need their team-mate onside. Vettel seems to think he can do it all on his own. He better hope that the title doesn't boil down to him needing Webber to keep Alonso/Hamilton/Kimi behind him at any point.

I see what your saying on that but you've forgot one thing and thats that Webber will tow the line because he knows if he doesn't he won't get his contract renewed which is the bind they've had him for the last few years. He has very few options if he leaves Red Bull and it would prob mean the end of his career. I deep down Seb knows that Mark won't want to end his career by doing something stupid so he can do and say what he wants.

Malaysia will never leave Vettel, somethings can't be reversed. His behavior and response to criticism will always form a part of who he is, of his character and integrity, or lack of integrity, in many peoples eyes. You make your own bed and have to lie in it. I doubt very much whether Webber will stay with Red Bull beyond this season. He will have the integrity to fulfill his contract but also enough self respect not to expose himself to more of the same for another season. It appears he could move to the Le Mans series.

Back
Top Bottom