I Was Just Disobeying Orders

No it was not accidental Fenders, if it was an 'i' rather than 'a' then the 'on' would not be necessary :)

What I don't understand is, if Webber's engine was down, how come he came back at him the next lap?

If his engine is turned down, then I'm not sure how he managed to gain on Vettel on the straight, as there is a bit of difference between all three engine modes speed wise.

I'm sure he tried to get past, but couldn't and dropped off, that's my take on it anyway.

Also, I don't understand what Vettel's on about.

I would wonder who would want to be Vettel's teammate even Schumacher showed a modicum of respect for his teammate knowing he needed to rely on them them to be cooperative, I think Vettel is out of control and needs to take a good long look at himself in the mirror...

Mephistopheles

Alonso, Hamilton , Di Resta, Kubica (if only) , Raikkonen, Button - would be prepared to fight tooth and nail with Vettel if Seb wants to play it that way out of the current crop

Alonso and Hamilton know they would give Seb problems

Di Resta on the basis he knows he can beat Seb as teammates

Raikkonen - he simply does not give a :censored: who his teammate is

Button - not the fastest but certainly smart enough to keep Seb on his toes and spooked him a few times in 2011 chasing him down

Kubica - the most devastating driver over 1 lap

ExtremeNinja

Lets say doing the right thing sometimes at work means you may get shafted politically. I gave someone an absolute rollicking at my old workplace for lying and messing everyone about doing nothing for 3 days and basically my line manager was humiliated with a piece of unprepared work despite given assurances it was done....he did not do anything for three days just screen stare and basically I had to collar him after he kept giving the slip and making all sorts of excuses and ridiculous demands

I was the one who got shafted initially because I was asked to leave the company despite being the victim of the circumstances..the only mistake I did not do was escalate with HR immediately. At the time I did not see it but what happened to me was actually systematic sabotage...the only good news I;ve heard recently was the tosser did not last long afterwards despite being given a second chance

Di Resta needs to focus on beating a team-mate in F1 before taking on Vettel despite beating him in F3 which was nearly 7 years ago.

Slyboogy

I agree but given the chance Di Resta would jump at showing he is on Vettel's level again.. I believe he is the only teammate to beat Vettel

Harry
Politics but don't forget the team did not back Webber when he was the faster driver in certain occasions in 2010

They are both as bad as each other but Seb did raise the bar to a new level

We've seen Seb before get impatient at getting stuck behind slower cars and unable to pass due to Red Bull's wing set up...maybe he should make sure he has a car that is fast in a straight line instead of yelling over the radio

Meh, what's the big deal, really?

Vettel gets paid to drive his car faster then anyone else that's it, that's kind of the whole point of racing isn't it? The days of gentlemen's agreements went out of the window before Senna and Prost had a few spats.

Shouldn't the fastest driver win? I'm not hating on Webber but he's always been a nearly man.

If one has to turn his engine down then that's down to the team letting the driver down, why did mark have to and Vettel didn't?

Meh I'm drunk and ranting, I'm going to watch FP1

I would wonder who would want to be Vettel's teammate even Schumacher showed a modicum of respect for his teammate knowing he needed to rely on them them to be cooperative, I think Vettel is out of control and needs to take a good long look at himself in the mirror...

yeah, can't count on Mark to help him out anymore! Like he did in Brazil last year with the championship on the line, for instance?
#

You can see Mark helping his team-mate win the championship by squeezing him against the wall into turn 1. From the moment they started, he just kept squeezing him over. Seb had a shot at the title. Mark did not. Mark's job in that last race of the season as a team player was to support Seb, not hinder him. If he had let Seb through and blocked the guys on his outside instead, Seb would have been P4 instead of P7 after turn 1. that would have been playing the supportive team-mate role.

But that was just one example from that race. I also recall Mark making a big move around the outside of Seb after a Safety car restart. All of that was in sharp contrast to Massa who did everything he could to help Alonso, at his own expense.

Horner brought up Brazil 2012 when discussing what happened and why immediately after Malaysia a few weeks ago:
Horner said: "They haven't been bosom buddies for a few years now. What Sebastian did today wasn't right... then again, we had the same thing in Brazil the other way around"
So I'm not the only one that thinks Mark wasn't exactly being a good team player that day. And it is obviously stil fresh in the minds of RBR management - they haven't forgotten it.

Attachments

• relyonmark.jpg
    relyonmark.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 91
Back
Top Bottom