I Was Just Disobeying Orders

On team orders Webber turned his engine down. The team instructed Vettel to turn his down too but not as much. Of course he couldn't defend or race Vettel. He had less power. Red Bull have confirmed Vettel hadn't turned his engine down as much as Webber had been instructed to.

Just like Turkey in 2010... Webber was told "conserve fuel" and Seb was on him like white on rice... which lead to the start of their ... ah.... friendship ? ... :clip:

Viscount please don't think I'm being rude but I've said it three times now. Webber, on the teams instructions had his engine turned down more than Vettel. With less power he was unable to race him. He was obeying team orders which handed Vettel an advantage. Webber led the GP from the first pit stop and didn't deserve to have his teammate screw him. You can be sure of one thing, Webber won't play the same cards next time and by the end of the season Vettel will regret Malaysia.

I don't know what all the fuss is about really... I remember a certain english gentlemen talking about sport along the lines of "you play for 90 minutes and the Germans always win" ...LOL

As he cruised out of the pitlane maybe but he wasn't cruising when he squeezed Vettel against the wall... Webber is talking as much shit as Vettel.

Exactly. They're both talking shit. Vettel does not want to follow team orders while he expects his team mate to follow them, and Mark has ignored team orders in the past but now that Vettel has ignored them he's crying about it. They're both being hypocritical and they both have no respect for each other.

It's going to end in tears, particularly if they end up going wheel to wheel again, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a repeat of Turkey 2010

I have done exactly what Vettel has done in a previous workplace. I lost a lot of support from my colleagues and peers and it stunted my career progression for about two years. I don't entirely regret it as I learned a lot from it but I will definitely say that I would do things differently next time. His response is extremely immature and I can tell you that it is not likely to be productive for him either.

Funny that, I've been on the wrong end of a despicable action, by a colleague, as Webber was in Malaysia
- he got my promotion, I lost my job and have not been in employment for over 10 years since!
Revenge will be sweet, eventually, and I intend to purchase a white pussy-cat when the opportunity arises.>:(:twisted:
Go get him, Mark!

If the Red Bulls are going to be fighting each other at the front, I think that will spell doom for anyone else's title aspirations.

I like to see Webber fighting back after rubbish starts.

ramilas1

I didn't commit a despicable action. I did what I thought was right for the project and addressed a problem directly with the client that my boss wanted to sweep under the carpet. An emergency meeting was called and my boss looked very embarassed and undermined. The outcome was that my concerns were dealt with for the better of the project. Essentially, I won, but undermined authority in the process. I was asked if I would do it again and I replied that I would. The politics was less important to me than the outcome and doing the right thing and producing good work. In doing this, though, which I felt was pretty selfless, I did it very much to my own detriment. There is a parallel in my actions to some extent but not in all aspects.

Kewee The main team instruction was Webber leads Vettel to the finish line, the engine power difference didn't matter to the team as they expected their drivers to follow orders. Once Vettel had passed, trying to re-pass him wouldn't be disobeying team orders, it would have been fulfilling their initial instruction of 'multi 21'. I imagine an experienced driver such as Webber would know when he has less power than the car he's racing, so if he wanted to win the race as planned why didn't he do anything about himself since the team couldn't/wouldn't from the pitwall? Rather than turn up his engine (if he hadn't) he accepted defeat, gave Vettel the finger and dropped back which to me seems pretty uncharacteristic of him (except the finger part).

Viscount ... I think the underlying instruction was "do not fight for position", ergo, Seb follow Mark ... to fight back would be to contradict the order ...

They're both being hypocritical and they both have no respect for each other.
I agree. I think this is a strategic mistake by Vettel, though. Even if he felt that Webber had not been overly supportive in the past his recent essentially in-your-face comments have pretty much guaranteed that Webber won't give him any breaks going forward. IMO Webber's been in a very desirable seat for a while and that's played a part in him, partially at least, biting his tongue, but I feel it's now at the point that it's not enough for him to have the "next season" carrot dangling any more, which is essentially all RB had to use against him. If I was Webber I'd kill myself (only joking LOL ) I'd drive for myself from now on, and RB will only be able to manipulate positions by pit strategy and/or pit "errors".

I suppose Vettel thinks that Number 2s are there to be shat on :whistle:

People who write too many words in a sentence are often moaned about in the Rant thread. On this occasion I'm sure it was accidental :D

P.S. Apologies to any target of that comment. I couldn't drive a real F1 car if my life depended on it so I trust it is taken in the truest form of jest, as it should be.:embarrassed:

Back
Top Bottom