How long until HRT disappear from F1?

I'm afraid they're the most unprofessional joke of a team for a long, long time. Not being fast isn't a crime, but theres something altogether more disturbing about HRT.

To not turn up for testing - excusable in season one, but unbelievable in season 2! They'd done one lap before today in their new car. Not good enough.

They're the worst F1 team since Mastercard Lola.

Im sorry but minardi appeared at the first race many times without testing there car.

Its hard to be optermistic about them at the moment, they do somewhat have the look of a sinking ship. Least last season they improved somewhat without devloping there car. They managed to keep rougly the same gap to lotus and Virgin who both devloped there car. I think we sometimes forget how bad teams have been in the past, At least theyv'e got two working cars out there, unlike one team my name might remind you all of

I hope they pull through though and get something from somewhere. And im got going to join in the mud slinging, pack of wolves mentality going on here. It was always going to be hard for them, admittidly the other two are doing a bteer job on track, but at least Lotus and Virgin have big names tied to there team for marketing (if no money as Brandson doesn't want to dip his hand in his pockets) which Hispania never had. At least for effort they deserve something to go right for them.

I was just reading some comments from various journo's; not one of them has a good thing to say about HRT and all agree it was a good decision not to let them race tomorrow.

They might as well just pack it all in now as everything is stacked against them.

I wonder if the drivers get a refund of the monies they paid for the seat if they don't actually race?

What gets me being a Project Manager, is the Aussie GP is a set date, surely that could have done some forward planning to work out what they needed prior to do to get a car on the grid!

Even if they risk mitigated with 1 car with a very basic set up, built @ the factory prior, then tested & confirmed, then shipped for the GP and put back together in Aus.

The other car push the boundaries with development so if it pays off they go racing with a half decent car, if not they have the car they can fall back on which know is v basic set up, but can capture as much R&D through the 3 practice sessions.

& they scenario manage so they have @ least 1 car on the grid.

It is almost like the entire team got out of bed late one morning & then realised they don't have enough time to get a F1 car on a grid............

Problem is none of us know the financial constraints HRT are working within and if the car isn't built for pre-season testing because it isn't designed or built what can they do? Last years car was built by Dallara, this year's in house (I believe). If that's the case Colin Kolles miracle description is probably very apt. If I remember rightly for Q1 Liuzzi was 2 seconds off the Virgin, a team who took part in all pre-season tests and have a reasonable budget compared to HRT so were they really that bad.

I hope they make it to Malaysia and I hope they they make the 107% to take part in the race.

This chassis is also contracted out as far as I know, to the same company which used to make the Toro Rosso chassis?

What gets me being a Project Manager, is the Aussie GP is a set date, surely that could have done some forward planning to work out what they needed prior to do to get a car on the grid!

It is almost like the entire team got out of bed late one morning & then realised they don't have enough time to get a F1 car on a grid............

Bahrain should have been two weeks ago, so they have had extra time to get their act together - as if they needed it after the winter break and testing (or not in their case).

The very basics of management are missing and if it is down to money they should have put everyone out of their misery long since.

Amateurs is quite a kind word to describe this lot.

Damn, had I known all this I would have picked HRT as my chassis for fantasy F1 as I aim to prop up the bottom (oooeeerr) of the league once again this year.

I hope they disappear. Even a year ago I didn't support any of the three new teams. I would rather have had 3 car teams.

HRT is just a safety risk given how slow they are. And Virgin and Team Asia Renault are just making up the numbers.

There will be a book/TV show entitled, HRT: How not to run a Formula One team. I don't think any of us wanted them to fail from the start, but this debacle has gone on far enough now and 2 years on the bounce no pre season testing is darn right dangerous. The FIA arent absolved of the blame here and it is partly their reason for the lack of performance of lotus and Virgin after the budget cap row a few years ago.

There will be a book/TV show entitled, HRT: How not to run a Formula One team. I don't think any of us wanted them to fail from the start, but this debacle has gone on far enough now and 2 years on the bounce no pre season testing is darn right dangerous. The FIA arent absolved of the blame here and it is partly their reason for the lack of performance of lotus and Virgin after the budget cap row a few years ago.

It's Bernie's fault

Back
Top Bottom