Heidfeld: Sutil needs a Brain

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Valued Member
Proving that some F1 drivers do have wit, when asked what the stewards should give Sutil after his collision with Nick Heidfeld, Nick is said to have replied "They could give him a Brain".

As a result of Sutils rather wreckless pulling out into traffic he recieved a 20.000 dollar fine and a severe repremand from race stewards.

I'm not sure anyone spotted this but as a result of failing to finish it has brought to an end an incredible 42 consecutive finishes for the driver once known as "Quick Nick".

The latest rumours on the F1 merry-go-round are that Nick Heidfeld is being courted by Williams. If the other rumour that Williams are signing Hulkenberg is true it sounds like they are setting up a poster team for Mercedes.

Re: "Sutil needs a Brain" - Heidfeld

cider_and_toast said:
[quote="cider_and_toast":17ev1ttp]Proving that some F1 drivers do have wit, when asked what the stewards should give Sutil after his collision with Nick Heidfeld, Nick is said to have replied "They could give him a Brain".
[/quote:17ev1ttp]

Proving, of course, that Germans have a sense of humour.

I reckon a good working brain is vital for success of F1. It must be good at thinking, have a developed hand-eye co-ordination mode and be impermeable to mental pressure.

As for Nick Heidfeld, he'd be brilliant for a new team, he's reliable and likely to hoover up any points that'll come his way. He is ahead of Kubica in the WDC this year! Williams could use such a tendency to anchor down the team whilst giving Hulkenburg a chance.

As for Sutil, who knows, the big teams still have that question mark over him, can he prove that he's worth a drive or will he just pootle around at Force India for another year?

I always think 'Quick Nick' was the wrong soubriquet for Heidfeld - maybe something like 'Steady Nick' or something (except that doesn't really work!). I think he's one of the most under-rated drivers in F1 because he's just there, doing his stuff, and quietly notching up the points.

How about "Hordinary Heidfeld"? Sorry, couldn't think of any ryhmes or alliteration to sum him up. I think Heidfeld is already in our Journeyman thread so I won't nominate him again.

On the subject of the German sense of humour do you remember Vettel in his drive for BMW at Indy confused his engineer when he said he had been involved in a "kerfuffle", a word Vettel had picked up from Little Britain. His engineer didn't have clue what he was talking about.

And of course the whole "Kate's Dirty Sister" line of thought! Vettel is always trying not to be a stereotypical German, in contrast to his team-mate who is every inch a stereotypical Australian!

teabagyokel said:
And of course the whole "Kate's Dirty Sister" line of thought! Vettel is always trying not to be a stereotypical German, in contrast to his team-mate who is every inch a stereotypical Australian!

Do you mean sparking up a Barbie in the pit lane before hopping into his camper van and referring to the race as "going kontiki"?

GeoffP said:
teabagyokel said:

Do you mean sparking up a Barbie in the pit lane before hopping into his camper van and referring to the race as "going kontiki"?

And having a vegimite sandwich on the podium when he finishes!

Back
Top Bottom