Have your say on the future site design

Sounds good to me c_a_t.

I know we discussed a "historic" forum before so that's overdue I reckon.

Those are easy changes to make so I'll get them set up.

This is just a thought but it may clear up something that's confused me for a bit. Would it be possible to have the names of users in Chat appear on the list when they enter the chat room, stay on the whole time they are in there and then disappear when they move from chat into another part of the site or log off.

That way we would know exactly when there's some one there and when there isn't so we don't end up just talking to ourselves.

LOL

Unfortunately not :disappointed:

All I can suggest is if you click on the WHO IS ONLINE link which is below the forum list then it will show you who is where on the site.

We've started on the new structure and design for the site.

This is your last chance to have your say before it's too late to incorporate anything.

We'd particularly like to hear any comments you have on the home page.
Is there anything you don't like about it?
Anything you'd like to see on there?

Thanks genji, the cheque's in the post.

This is actually the first bespoke design after we migrated from a free forum host to the current domain.
We are currently working on the next version of the site so any suggestions for improvements or additions are welcome.

How does everyone feel about the current colour scheme?
Does anyone have any suggestions or preferences for a different one?

A different main colour instead of orange for example?

We've started on the new design so now's your chance to have your say before it's too late.

I actually like the orange design.

The trouble is I can't really imagine the site in any other colour. I have plenty of favourite colour combinations but most of them wouldn't work on a website forum.

I have a touch of nostalgia for the more "Gulf Racing" colours of the original Forum so perhaps a bit of that to go with the orange would be good but otherwise, like I would imagine most of us on here, I'm content to sit on the fence unless there are a set of choices to vote on.

Yeah, I know, no help at all but there you go. LOL

Good call c_a_t :thumbsup:

I like the idea of orange and blue, it goes back to the original colours which was my initial idea for the site.
We can just do it properly this time

For those of you wondering, these are the Gulf Racing colours.

Overall I like the colour scheme but in some ways it does feel a little cold. Quite a lot of grey which can either work for or against you, I haven't really a keen eye for that stuff but sometimes it looks slick and fresh, CTA doesn't quite have that feel, to me at least.

I tried the Archive.org time machine to see if I could see the site a few years ago and the maximum it took me was to 2008, when the site looked largely similar..

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www ... /index.php

I'd like to see the Gulf scheme, although I'm at odds as to where you put the blue...?

Also, Brogan - I've watched a couple of videos of the new software from the other thread and didn't want to make 2 posts. It looks really good! And I'll jump on the testing bandwagon, if you ever need someone using Safari and a Mac, I'm there ;)

Thanks Enja.

I agree with you on the grey, I'm leaning towards a much lighter colour scheme this time.
In fact, I might even install the software next week and create a test id so people can log in and play with the colours (and software in general) and see if we can get some styles created which everyone can then vote on.

I'm really excited about the new software, it really is revolutionary and is much nicer to use.

Actually one thing I've always had a slight problem with is the relative size of the text to the smilies.

For instance, if I wanted to put a LOL in then it seems to disrupt the break in between the 1st and second sentence - there is a larger gap which, in a long post, looks a bit unwieldy.

But when I put another sentence here without a smilie, it's all neat and tidy.

Is it linked to the size of the text when putting a smilie in, or the smilies themselves being too big?

If there is any way you can clear this up in the future it would stop me having those little "tuts" from time to time :thumbsup: (see it's at it again!)

All that can be changed relatively easily on the new software.

Right now we have large smilies and small text so it's just a case of increasing the text size and/or using different, smaller smilies.

Look forward to it. Thanks Bro.

I've been watching a few more videos about XF and it continually impresses me.

Kind of tempted to buy a license.. not sure what for though LOL

Back
Top Bottom